Author Topic: Discovery Health Channel--Sjogrens  (Read 24773 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Discovery Health Channel--Sjogrens
« on: March 31, 2008, 09:30:56 PM »
I watched the show Mystery Diagnosis tonight on Discovery Health Channel. In the advertising there was a section that made me think they will be having Sjogrens on next week. The info referred to some health issues and then the gal said "I got so I couldn't cry". Now if that isn't sjogrens I don't know what else it could be.

Anyway, the show will be airing next Monday night on Discovery Health at 10PM Eastern and 9PM Central time. If any of you folks see or hear anything else relating to this or if I got the time and date wrong would you please post the info on this thread. Thanks to all. Irish ;D

Pooh

Re: Discovery Health Channel--Sjogrens
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 06:03:30 AM »
Thanks Irish I'll keep an eye out for it.  I missed it the first time it was on.

Hugs, Pooh

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 08:33:00 AM »
OOOOooooooH - maybe I'll be able to see that. I'll be over there then! Thanks Irish!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Care

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 08:37:20 PM »
I saw the ad for it too.  I plan to watch if I remember!!!  It must be Sjogrens.  Pooh can you remind me to watch it?  Poor Pooh!
:)
Care
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 02:19:45 PM by Care »

gurs

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 12:16:32 PM »
It will prob be sjogren's, and they will make it out to be nothing, like just some dry eyes and mouth etc. Hopefully, if it is Sjogren's, they will tell the true story ,about how devastating it can actually be, including some neuro issues as well...just my thoughts & hopes.

Gurs
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Shari

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 04:01:33 PM »
Hope everyone gets to see it!  ~~Shari~~

Patze

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 05:19:29 PM »
Hi folks,

Got to watch out for the ad, I don't seem to catch much on the tv anymore, but I'll look out for this one.  Thanks for the heads up!

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

lynnmarie219

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 07:05:42 PM »
Thanks for letting us know about this Irish...I'm going to watch out for this next week!  8)

aprildawn

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 11:51:42 AM »
Thanks for finding out about this.  I went to discovery health channels web site and you can get email reminders sent to you to tell you when it is on.  Its on multiple times and different times a day.  The next time is 4/7.  I am definitely watching it.  I experienced a really sad moment the other day at work.  (hospital) A woman was admitted with pnuemonia/sjogrens.   She was spanish speaking and on welfare/no ins....  I talked to her daughter and she said her mothers  current dr said he hadn't heard of sjogrens and was diagnosed a long time by a rheumatologist and since moved.  She didn't take any meds and came to the hospital because of how bad her body felt and a bad cough.  I gave her some info and told her dtr about the website ( who was the only in the family with internet accesss).  After seeing her I thought about all the people out in the world that are suffering and don't know why. I know sometimes I feel like I am suffering and do know why and take meds.  Some times I feel bad and feel sorry for myself and then you go and see people like that. Gives you alot to think about. 

Aprildawn

Shari

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 06:00:38 AM »
Good Morning Aprildawn~~It was kind of you to send them in the right direction to get help and support!   ~~Shari~~

Care

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 05:47:39 PM »
The show is on tonight:
Monday, April, 7, 2008 at 10:00 PM ET on Discovery Health

Mystery Diagnosis

The Woman Who Couldn't Cry

Linda has been battling an astonishing array of ailments for over fifty years. While she continues to visit doctor after doctor searching for answers, no one can pinpoint exactly what's causing the random symptoms she experiences on a daily basis.

It will be on again, I can post the times
Care

eyeamdry

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »
I am so mad.  Trying to find this channel...and finally I find the corresponding number and it's "not accessible" to me.  I pay sky high price for cable and I can't get this channel.  I'll call the cable co tomorrow and find out if they will/can add it.  Maybe I'll threaten to go to the other cable place.  Lucy

Care

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 08:05:28 PM »
She has Sjogren's Syndrome.  Began at age 12, finally diagnosed 50 years later! 
I had symptoms in childhood, just never knew what exactly was wrong.  I had a brain hemorrhage at age 12.  That may have been the beginning. Then this strange fatigue began in High School.  I missed quite a bit of school and wondered if I was just lazy.  Not lazy. It was Sjogren's I am sure.

Care

Care

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 08:18:12 PM »
It will be on numerous times
I am quoting Eastern Time

Mystery Diagnosis
"The Woman Who Could Not Cry"
Eastern Time Zone
Apr 12, 9:00 pm
April 13 12:00 am
Apr 19, 2:00 pm
May 04, 1:00 pm
Discovery Health Channel
They will send a reminder if you go here and request an email reminder
Hope you can see it

http://health.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html
Care
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:28:52 PM by Care »

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 08:22:43 PM »
Having just read this. I found it was coming on again at my midnight. I've set my DVR to record it. Thank you for the heads up. It should be interesting.
Kim
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog