Author Topic: Am sick of WINTER---vent  (Read 17680 times)

kimbo

• Love never fails
Re: Am sick of WINTER---vent
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2008, 03:52:45 PM »
I am better. I have had a round of fatigue and it seems to break down my spirit. Pooh your right every thing seems different in the morning. My mind has a tendency to spin out of control when I am too exhausted to control it. I wonder if I'll ever be able to sleep on my own. (no ambien or Klonzapian- what ever that stuff is that relaxes me) When I lay down to try to even relax my body feels like it is trembling inside like an engine is running inside of me. This is something I never had before until the past 5 or 6 months. No matter how tired I am I can not just fall a sleep. I have wondered if my sleeping juices dried up.
 I don't like to complain because as I read everyone Else's stuff. Mine is not that big of issues yet.
When I got up the other nite and read these post on this thread, it really seemed to anchor me and calm me. Thank you so much for your concern. Deborah and Pooh.
 It is very hard to work thru fatigue and sleep problems. My work is only 3 days a week. The Dentist I work for is extremely fast paced and I have always loved the fast pace, although when I am having as we say a flair up, It is exhausting. My husband is a Pastor of a growing church with an incredible amount of stresses, and lately it has been overwhelming. All the stress seems to enhance the flair ups! 
 I just love you all and how you minister to one another, your right here and I don't feel compelled to share this stuff with any one who may not understand.
HUGS  kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2008, 09:05:11 PM »
kimbo, The jitters and uneasiness you feel when you go to bed is one of the cardinal signs of anxiety. You need to talk about this with your doctor. Many times a lower dose of an antidepressant that works on the chemicals involved in chronic anxiety really does help. It would also help you with sleep at night and make your days better.

I do not take sleeping pills as they totally stone me and after you take them for a period of time they don't work as well. I have taken zoloft since 1992 and when I got ill enough to have to quit work I developed a restless leg/body thing that just wore me out turning so much in bed. My psychiatrist added another dose of zoloft at night to help me sleep and to take the edge off the restless legs. I did not want to add another pill to my mixture. Figured that more of what I was used to would do the trick and it did. I skip a dose at night off and on just to take a little less meds and to see how I am doing with the restless leg stuff. Hope you can find something that will help.

Be aware that there is a medication out there for anxiety called Buspar but I seem to remember that you can't take certain other anxiety or sleeping medications with it. This is also something to remember when talking with the doctor. Irish ;D

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2008, 10:04:50 PM »
Irish, Thank you.
I failed to mention, I have been trying Lexypro for the past 6 wks and I haven't noticed it helping those jitters when I am trying to relax after a hard day.
I am frustrated because I really thought the Lexypro would solve the sleep problem, also. Besides relax me. I take a 10mg Inderal for hand tremors daily.
My family and every one I work with would not even guess me to be anxious or nervous even the DR I assist thinks I am very calm. This jittering thing is very new to me and I thought maybe it was a SJS thing. I do believe it makes my Paratid glands flare worse as I feel stress. My DR is a fast mover and I concentrate on moving fast and staying calm all day, at 52 I am no spring chicken. Thank you for any thoughts on this. I really want to feel some what normal again.
kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

Shari

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2008, 07:41:52 PM »
Kim~~I am not on here very much lately and am sorry I was not here sooner to wish you a better day (and night).

I hope that today finds you a bit less stressed~~Thinking of you~`Shari

IT IS 40f right now.....chiiiillllllyyyyy !
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 09:07:59 PM by Shari »

Debora

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2008, 11:06:34 AM »
Its supposed to be warm - in the high 70's/low eighties. 

My voice is almost gone from allergies, I guess I better just keep my mouth shut and give my voice a rest.... like that will happen in my life time!!!!   ;D

I'm now on salagen to help with saliva and WOW does it work!  I had to talk to my daughter's teacher and kept slobbering so I explained that I finaly have saliva and don't know what to do with it!!

Debora

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2008, 04:11:13 PM »
Oh Debara,  Thats just funny! Not everyone can be happy about slobber. Ha HA
kimbo
Hashimoto's

Debora

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2008, 07:03:22 PM »
kimbo

it took the teacher a minute to catch on, she knows I have sjogrens but doesn't understand it all!    I enjoy it while its happening, when it wears off then I am as dry as a desert!

God Bless You
Deb