Author Topic: Am sick of WINTER---vent  (Read 18074 times)

kimbo

• Love never fails
Re: Am sick of WINTER---vent
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 01:49:33 PM »
I was reading this thread earlier today, when I decided to get out in our beautiful weather of NW Ark. I totally forgot Frankie was a frog.
I read the happy happy joy joy Frankie is a live, part, and thought we have had a resurrection. I was very happy to hear the news. Happy ever after frog story.
Pooh, if you find a prince in your garden in your garden let us know. LOL
I've had my motorcycle out for a quick spin. And have layed on my front deck hammock for awhile with my husband so life is good in my world.
My husband is very bumbed because we were fixing to take a long ride on our bikes. We got on our hands and knees inspecting his back tire and discovered his tread was worn to the core. He can't get it changed until next week sometime. This makes him very sad. And I won't ride mine when he is sad at his.
Our weather is magnificent the next few days.
Irish your deer story was incredible!     Here is my baby deer story;
  A couple years ago when the news was covering the 12 miners trapped in a mine , I believe in Tennessee.  I began to pray for them and got very attached to this news story, as  I waited word of their recovery and rescue. News (CNN Anderson Cooper)was released that they had recovered all 12. Everyone was very happy and I went to bed rejoicing. The next morning I woke and on my way out the door ,very cheerfully said to my husband "12 miners A LIVE". He looked at me sad and told me the bad news. They were dead and the news was mistaken.

I got in may car and began my drive to work , down an older hwy to a neighboring community. As I was driving I progressed to a very sad state of mind till I was crying and weeping for the miners and their families. Suddenly a group of deers were crossing the road and I slowed down quickly, But not quick enough. A little baby deer went right under my car. For the first time in my life I killed a deer and a baby one at that. I was already crying.

I called my work, where every one is like family. I was crying to the point I did not make much sense. The miners are all dead and and I killed a baby deer I tried to explain. I was on my way to work but I was not going to be in good shape emotionally when I got there. My Dentist whom I assist at my work  a wonderful boss met me at the door, trying to console me.

A couple of years have past and just recently. I said to my boss who lives off the very road where there were deer seen frequently; "I have not seen deer on that hwy since."

He said," I thought we were never gonna mention that day again."  Then he laughed and said he believed all the deer got together and talked it over. And they are staying out of my sight.

I'm glad we are all able to laugh in due time.       

And now I am embarrassed because that was very long.
kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 09:55:26 PM »
kimbo, That was indeed a sad day for you and all the families that lost a loved one. It was not a good day for the deer that ended up under your car either. Those things happen and it was better that it was the deer than you. Sounds like you have a great boss. Irish ;D

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2008, 01:29:50 PM »
Thanks Irish,
I hope your toe checked out well. Thats a very sensitive area. I had my big toe fester on me a couple years ago and it still does not look normal. Can your toe nail grow back, I wonder?
Your wind speeds would frustrate me. We live in the Ozark hills, valley's and curves; this breaks winds down a lot.
I wonder if an under ground voltage wire would stun those rabbits away. Like the kind they use to keep dogs in the yard, only keep the rabbits out. But then again if they got through they might be happily fenced in.
kimbo   
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

Debora

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »
Out here in Northern Calif its been cold the past few days, even frost on the windsheilds.  Last week it was 75 to 80 degrees.

The county I live in has had a couple of wildfires already, people doing their "spring burning" but it is already so dry here.

Kimbo:  The Ozarks are so beautiful, I was able to travel to Missouri for a family reunion in Shell Knob, Mo.  When we got to Blue Eye, Ark I knew we went too far!!  We called it the scenic route.

Take Care
Debora

Shari

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 03:45:41 PM »
The thermometer read 81 here today~~~There is mud in my driveway and lots of snow in the yard~~~~WHAT?   There is something wrong with this picture.  Should I hibernate a bit longer?

~~~Shari~~

Rania

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 05:47:14 PM »
Suddenly all snow is gone and a lot of flowers are in full bloom all over the place. Where did they come from? They weren't here last week! An ice cold wind from north is making it cold outside. It was about 53 F, but the wind was so cold that it blew right through you. So I still need my winter coat, because of the wind. I saw a girl wearing t-shirt and shorts last Friday, and I was in my thick jacket freezing !!! I think she was pretty brave!

Bedtime my time zone long ago.....good night....  :)

Rania

genko_b

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2008, 07:03:37 PM »
It's been the same here in Seattle - 82 degrees one day and then snow two days later. We have had a week or so of sun alternating with freezing slushy stuff. At least the plants look a little less unhappy today. My sweet peas were cowering on the ground as if they had been beaten.

Genko

eyeamdry

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2008, 09:51:33 PM »
Near the Great Lakes, we've had several days of 75ish weather with LOTS of sun.  Still do not count snow/frost out of the question.  We do enjoy the few days we've had so far.  It gives one HOPE for spring/summer.  Being that it's almost May, it might be a short summer.  I'll take what I can get.  It's funny reading about 80 one day and snow the next.  IPerhaps we are not as unique as we think (our region).    Seems to be all over.   Lucy

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2008, 08:21:28 PM »
Out here in Northern Calif its been cold the past few days, even frost on the windsheilds.  Last week it was 75 to 80 degrees.

The county I live in has had a couple of wildfires already, people doing their "spring burning" but it is already so dry here.

Kimbo:  The Ozarks are so beautiful, I was able to travel to Missouri for a family reunion in Shell Knob, Mo.  When we got to Blue Eye, Ark I knew we went too far!!  We called it the scenic route.

Take Care
Debora

Debora,   We have same very em barresing Hill billy names for towns in our regions. Were not far from Shell Knob, and it is beautiful, our Dog woods are in bloom now.

Hashimoto's

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2008, 09:10:37 PM »
Lucy, Hate to tell you cause we have had a couple of nicer days, 77 yesterday and 60 today. Friday and Saturday it is cooling off and rain is expected with possible snow in the northern regions. Will this winter ever end????

Kimbo, I envy you the flowers that you have in your area. I liked Michigan so well because it had such great spring blooming bushes and trees plus the gorgeous sugar maples in the fall. The 4 seasons are great except we seem to skip spring and fall a lot of time in our area. Irish ;D

Shari

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2008, 07:20:42 PM »
I left home on Tuesday with so much snow still in the yard.   I returned today and almost all of the snow is gone and my pink and yellow showy lillies are about5 to 6 inches high!!

I see buds beginning on the big rosebush and the irises are poking up through the bit of snow that was left.

There is hope!   ~~Shari~~

eyeamdry

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2008, 08:33:29 PM »
I hear we might get a whiff of snow next Monday.  I just got my sandals out and painted my toenails a bright pink.  I don't wear sandals much because my feet are always cold.  Have not packed the winter stuff away yet.  Maybe I should.
Lucy

Debora

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2008, 12:22:54 PM »
  This weather we have had here has really made it tough on alot of people with arthritis.  I went to my rhuemy last Wednesday and told me I'm still in a flare, I think this is now my "normal".  She also said many patients of hers have been calling in telling her they are in pain.  It will be nice for the weather to finally stay at one level of normal temps. 

Reno, Nev has had many little earthquakes lately, so it wouldn't surprise me if we have a few shakers around here (we call them foot massages for cows).

Debora

Shari

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2008, 05:03:21 PM »
Cute Debora!!

I have more aches and pains in the spring..with all of the rain storms etc. the atmospheric pressure is changing alot and sets the pain of fibromyalgia off.  I hope this year is easier.

Enjoy the beauty of spring all!!

~~Shari~~

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2008, 09:16:39 PM »
This weather is getting to be a serious issue in our area. WE are an agricultural area with thousands of farming acres. The sun has shone very little the past month and it has been cool, rainy and snowy. Today was really cold in the high 30's low 40's with a cold wind.

It is to rain again, maybe snow again on Wed and Thurs. The farmers are really getting concerned. The soil temperature has not gotten up to the point where seeds will germinate. If it rains too much and is cold when seeds are planted they rot in the ground---if you can get into the fields through the mud to even plant the seeds.

Last year we had a late spring and the farmers ended up planting the crops in about a 3-4 week period of time in May and into June. We had pretty good weather though and much warmer so they could get into the fields. When the farmers have to rush it is worrisome as that is when there are more accidents and deaths when using and fixing machinery.

Whatever happened to a normal spring ---or for that matter the 4 seasons that we had when I was a kid????Irish ;D