Author Topic: Off Topic..  (Read 13063 times)

ree031

Re: Off Topic..
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 02:25:06 PM »
Billye,

I feel so terribly sad for you with your loss.

Sending many Hugs and prayers your way.

Ree.  :)
xx

Shari

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2008, 08:54:37 PM »
Billye~~May the love of friends and family help you through your sorrow~~Love Shari~~

salsen

Prayers
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 01:24:57 AM »
Billye I am praying for your cousin and all of your family.  I know how truly helpless this can make you feel.  Please keep in your prayers a women close to your cousins age who is beginning her fight with breast cancer.  She is the sister to my son's girlfriend.  What makes everything even more difficult is that she is in the service stationed in Germany and very far away from family.  M  has been diagnosed with cancer in both breast and will be undergoing surgery to remove one and a partial removal of the other.  Test will be done during surgery to help in deciding her course of treatment.

Prayers are powerful healers for both those who are ill and the love ones that surround them.  Your greatest gift you are giving your cousin is your love and compassion  -- she knows this even though you can't be there. 

salsen

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 01:33:43 AM »
Billye,  my sympathies to you and your family.  Your cousin was a very special person to be so loved.  My son was five weeks old when my grandfather passed away but he knows him by pictures and memories we have shared.  Your cousin's grandchild will know her through the love that comes through whenever ya'll speak of her.

May your family be given much strength and grace as you grieve. 

Pooh

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2008, 06:05:38 AM »
Billye,
I'm so sorry to hear that Missy lost her gallant fight for life.  She will surely be there in spirit when her grandchild is born and no doubt watch over him/her for all times. 

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.  My prayers will also be with you.

Hugs, Pooh

Waldop

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2008, 08:00:18 AM »
Billye,

So sorry it took so long to respond to this poignant thread.  Our prayers and thoughts are for you and your cousin. You're so right about life not being fair. You can't help but wonder why things happen as they do. To this day I still wonder why young people have to die. We except the inevitable as far as life and death, but to die so young is not only painful for the person, but especially for the family. I know you feel so torn you don't know what to say or feel, but please don't ever say that you wished it would be you. You're very special to us and we wouldn't know what we would do without you. I guess one day we'll find out why things happen as they do. Until then, please don't hesitate to ask for a thing. That's why we're all here.

Love always
Barrie

mim

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2008, 01:35:28 PM »
There is nothing to say except Stinkin Purty will watch her now for you

Mim  xxxxxxxx

Salsen

My best friend in th US is going through this also at the moment, I will remember your friend in my prayers.

Mim  xx

LenV

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2008, 09:06:47 PM »
Oh Mim........
You made me sob and at the same time you gave me such joy to know that you remembered.  It was his youngest grandaughter.    For any of you who don't know...my grand dad was "stinkin purty" and if you use the search function you will see how he helped Mim quit smoking even tho he's been dead for 37 years.  Just do a search on stink purty.

I appreciate all of your prayers and thoughts.  It gives me a lot of pride and honor to know that so many of you cared.  Missy will be laid to rest tomorrow and I want to be there so badly.  But it's too far away for me to travel with the broken sit bones.

Billye

wordnerd

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2008, 09:27:50 PM »
Aww Billye... I don't know what to say or do but send *hugs*.  I know you want to be there tomorrow, but I hope you can still find a way to remember her and mourn her loss even though you aren't able to be there in person.

Take good care of yourself!

Love,
Lauren

salsen

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2008, 10:32:33 PM »
Billye   tomorrow sit still and  try to quiet your mind.  In those moments when we are the most silent is when we hear the most wonderful things.  You will be there for your cousin - in your thoughts and in your love.   I know you will hear her laughter. 

lynnmarie219

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2008, 08:19:58 PM »
((((((((Billye))))))))) I'm so sorry for you loss....you and your family continue to be in my prayers.

Pooh

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2008, 11:17:10 PM »
Salsen,
I hope the surgery for this young lady will be successful and her future bright.  My prayers will be with her. 

Hugs, Pooh

LenV

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2008, 08:56:43 PM »
I'm sorry I missed the other request on this thread.  My mind has not been my own lately.  I've really been grieving.  But thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts, they were wonderful and so needed.  Missy had a lovely funeral.  She and her husband planned it out .  Her entire Sunday School class wore pink and carried pink roses to place on Missy's grave.  Missy was always a little childlike and she celebrated her death like Christmas.  It was really a sweet thing I was told.  So she's sharing a seat with "Stinking Purty" in the biggest golden cathedral in the skies and in total awe I'm sure.  We miss that sweet face.

Salsen, I'm praying for your friend.  I hope she comes thru this with flying colors.  If prayer can make it better for her then it should be ok.  I just wish she wasn't alone.
Billye

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 09:16:18 PM »
billye, It is too bad that you were not able to attend the funeral. Too bad that someone wasn't able to video it for you--unless that is not allowed at that church.

Sounds like she had a beautiful funeral. She was a brave soul to help plan her funeral. Many people can't do that as it is so final. Makes me really sad just thinking about her struggle and all she had to go through. I am sure that your grieving is hard on you both phycially and mentally. I really think it is almost harder when we can't be at a funeral as we don't get the chance to talk to others and reminisce about the person that passed away. It doesn't seem real and makes it really hard to accept from a distance. I have grieved like that about a friend of mine that died from a really fast breast cancer back in 1999. I saved her last letters and read them from time to time. Hugs Irish ;D

lynnmarie219

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2008, 07:05:25 PM »
Salsen,

My thoughts and prayers go out to the sister of your sons girlfriend......she is young and far away from family, but prayers can make a world of difference. I know that is true! She is in my thoughts as she gets ready for surgery and treatment afterward.
Hugs........