Author Topic: Off Topic..  (Read 13362 times)

LenV

Off Topic..
« on: March 23, 2008, 07:59:57 PM »
I need prayers desperately for my family.  My youngest cousin (we are a closeknit family) Missy is dying from Cancer.  She is my favorite uncle's only daughter.  First child and much loved.  She is only 36 years old and her only daughter is pregnant with Missy's first grandchild.  Missy has cancer that started from breast cancer and has spread to her brain and spine.  She can no longer speak but understands all of us and smiles when we talk to her.  She has not complained even one time during all of this.  She developed pneumonia this week and is in the hospital.  Unless there is a miracle, we will lose her.

Please all, prayers are needed.  I can't even go see her.  She is two states away from me.  I have cried a river of tears.  The last two years have been so hard.  My Mom, my favorite uncle and now my little cousin.  I've help for this, but with my own health so fragile, I can't sleep inspite of medication.

I just needed to tell someone.  Sometimes life is so unfair.  I don't know why it couldn't have been me instead of this young woman.

Billye

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: Off Topic..
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 08:12:26 PM »
Oh Billye - my heart aches for you! Life isn't fair and it's giving you a really raw deal right now. There is a link to a site below where one can go and light a candle for a loved one and concentrate ones thoughts or prayers.

http://www.gratefulness.org

(((((((( Billye ))))))) Scottie

http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Pooh

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 08:25:44 PM »
Billye,
I am so sorry you and your family continue to have all this illness and grief.  My thoughts and prayers will be there for you. 

((((((((Hugs Billye)))))))),

Pooh

Shari

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 08:57:16 PM »
Billye~~~Prayers for all of those in your family for what you are going through.  God will take her carefully and gently.

Special prayers  to sooth you and to help you rest...  Love  Shari

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 09:05:07 PM »
Oh Billye, I am so sorry that your heart is breaking. To have to go through so much is hard on you. I can't imagine the strength your cousin has to not complain when she is so young and with a grandchild on the way. I will lift her and her family up in prayer. Also, I will continue to pray for improved health for you my friend. Know that you are loved and thought of much. I miss you so much on the boards. You have such a great sense of humor and so much good advice. Love and hugs. Irish ;D

lynnmarie219

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 09:13:39 PM »
(((((((((((((Billye))))))))))))))

I'm sending prayers out for your young cousin, her family and daughter, and for you. You have been dealing with so much lately....I feel so sad for you....please try to get some rest Billye.

Lots of hugs to you and angels to watch over you and your special cousin....

Care

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 09:14:42 PM »
Billye,

My heart is with you.  I lost my dad to cancer 21 years ago.  I know the hurt.  He left this world much to early. Still miss him.  I could not be with him as much as I wanted to.  I had 4 children to care for, one was just a baby, and we lived too far away to go often.  My heart ached every single day I could not be with him.  So I know the hurt you feel, I shed the tears you shed. I understand.

You will be in my heart....
Hugs
Care

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 09:16:59 PM »
I prayed.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

ree031

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 09:51:28 PM »
Billye,

Many hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Ree
xx

Nettie

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 09:57:04 PM »
Billye, I'm so sorry for the news regarding Missy. I will keep her, her family, you and your family in my prayer regularly. I wish I could reach out and hug you, but please know that hugs are being sent.

Nettie

LenV

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 10:15:18 PM »
I went to bed but can't sleep.  Scottie I lit a candle and will spend many hours there.  I lit a candle to light Lissie's way to our Lord.  She is so young she may need help.  But she is so good that he will be looking for her.  What a precious young lady.  What a loss to the world and her family.

Thanks all of you for your support.  I am so weary of this pain and sadness.

Billye

lesleyjoy

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 03:00:41 AM »
Hi Billye, it's OK if your can't sleep, many of us are awake crying and praying with you and sending you comforting thoughts. Things will get better, strength from your family and friends will help you through.

Love to you and your extended family,
Lesley (NZ)xx

Mark54

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 03:04:37 AM »
Billye,
      I will keep your family in my daily prayers. I will also pray that your cousins time on this earth is peaceful and pain free.

God's blessings,

Mark....

kim31072

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 03:36:10 AM »
Billye...Prayers and blessings to you,your cousin and her family.I lost my grandmother recently so I empathize with you.I will keep you all in my thoughts.

Kim

Epson

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 09:09:30 AM »
Billye,

I always hate to hear about young people getting any terminal illness, but it should make the rest of use put our own lives into perspective.  Maybe Sjogren's isn't that bad when I look at the big picture and what's one more week of winter!