Author Topic: Elise's Diary  (Read 100211 times)

Cricket

Re: Elise's Diary
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 03:01:34 PM »
I am sort of new to board, but read your posts, and even though I do not understand everything you are getting I can tell you are a real HERO!  It sounds as if you have had your share and a few other people's share.  I will pray for you, as I do for the entire board.

Hugs
Cricket
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

Shari

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 12:47:19 PM »
     if all of the bravery from your heart, your moms and your dads,  could turn into air, you could fill a big, beautiful, brightly colored balloon, and float around the world :D

if you need something to calm you, something to lull you to sleep, something to take your mind off of things even for a moment, close your eyes and imagine what you might see while you are princess of the sky.

if you see a shingled house with smoke coming out of the chimney, snow all around, a kitty sitting on the stoop, and a warm glow about it,  that is my house.  and if you look very close i am waving out of the window to you, the one with the pretty lime green curtain.  can you see me?

love   shari

craigmosley

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 02:04:29 PM »
Methyle Pred (an hours worth) and methatrexate again on Friday..................but the good news is that we have Hydro pool next Tuesday............And Dad can go too   ;D YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY !!!

Elise has had loads of visitors over the last few days..................She has her very own tutor coming everyday and people keep bringing her "stuff" to help her with everyday things..............and best of all is the bath lift...........

Elise had started standing on her own too  :o ;D...............but iv told her not to do any walking unless someone is close by so she dosnt fall.......................WELL DONE ELISE  :-*

She also has a special friend at the hospital who she can talk to about all the things that upset her when she has her medication...........which is good becouse i know she try's very hard to be brave for Dad.........sometines too hard !

WAY TO GO ELISE !!  :-*

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 02:18:16 PM »
That all sounds very positive! WAY TO GO ELISE!

Now - does Dad have a special friend that he can talk to??????????????????????    ;)

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 03:58:21 PM »
Fantastic news! I'd be looking forward to the pool as well, I used to go 3 times a week, but for various reasons I'm not right now, and I miss it.

Standing now, soon we'll be hearing that you're walking, then dancing won't be far off! Please just don't get impatient and try to rush things. You've put up with so much, be patient a bit longer, and wonderful things will happen.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

elise

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 09:10:51 AM »
Friday 11th january 2007
Today i have been to hospital.
when we arrived there was no room.
we was waiting in the parents room. i had emla cream then we waited an hour for the emla cream then the doc shoted us.
we then went in the treatment room and i got poked in 3 places.
the first place was the back of my left hand but that would not work. he tried 2 times at the back of my hand.
the second place was my veins at the middle of my arm. they didnt work either.
then finally my right rist worked!!!! i started to get worried because he couldnt find a vein.
it really stung all the time though.
then i had my methetrexete injection.
i was watching harry potter and the philosiphers stone because i was that bored.
love elisexxx

Pooh

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 10:12:39 AM »
Hi Elise,
My goodness, looks like they were using you for a pin cushion. :(  They did the same thing to me last month when I was in hospital.  It really gets tiresome. 

You are such a brave young lady, I've been saying prayers for you that this treatment will have you back to your old self real soon. ;D 

I sure hope you are feeling better, although I know you are surely tired from all of this. ;) 

Hug your Mom and Dad and hang in there.  Just think about all the fun you will have in the summer when you are feeling better. :-* 

Hugs, Pooh

elise

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 11:32:44 AM »
thank you pooh,
i got your card with your photos,
they were beautiful.
it is lovely to hear from you all
thank you again,
love elisexx ;D

itssue

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 11:34:15 AM »
Elise,

I've been poked like that with needles too.  :(    There are so many times my viens don't want to cooperate with the needle.  I hate it when that happens.  There are times I just want to shout Stop!, but I know they have to do it.  You sure are BRAVE, I'm very proud of you. :)

I'm sure it won't be long now and you we be up and around again having lots of fun with all your friends.  Just listen and do as you are told by the doctors and mum and dad.

Give mum and dad a hug, and lots of {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} to you,

Sue

elise

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 06:18:06 AM »
Thank you Sue. :D
On thursday i will have to go to the hospital again and have another canula.
But hopefully this vein will work this time and it not leave a nasty red bruise like all of my other ones.
I will not be able to eat till 3:oo but i am only allowed little sips of water, not FOOD!!!
But that is because i have to have a muscle biopsy and a portacath.
A portacath is instead of having to keep having canulars all the time.
They know where it is once it is in.
All they will have to do is feel for it, then stick a needle in and do my drip.
But i am only having my 2 operations on thursday.
I have to stop overnight, then have an injection and do my drip on friday.
It is going to hurt i know it is, but ive just got to put up with the pain and not give up.
But sometimes i feel like giving up but i know, i have to carry on.
I have been in pain and had this since i was eighteen months old, and now it has got worse.
How can i keep putting up with it though, because i know it hurts mum and dad inside too?
They have to keep being strong but they cant no more, they just break down then it sets me off crying!! :'(
Has anyone else had to have a portacath?
love elise
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pooh

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 06:29:44 AM »
Good morning Elise,
I wish I could through all of this for you, but you are doing a great job. 

I just wanted to tell you that years ago, before things became easier, I had two stainless steel caths that they called "Stop Cocks".  They looked sort of like a plumbing part.  It had a tiny screw cap on the top that the nurses would unscrew and give me Heprin injections through. No needle, they would just screw the injector onto the "stop cock".  They were in the crook of my elbows and I had to be fed because I couldn't bend my arms.  That was a real bummer at the time. 

So with these new portacaths I'm sure you won't have any problem with them.  They don't really hurt and you won't have to be stuck so much.  If it were me, I would take the portacaths over the needles any time.

I hope all of these new procedures you will be going through are over quickly and you get better real soon.

Hugs, Pooh 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 06:36:04 AM by Pooh »

elise

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2008, 06:34:48 AM »
How long did you have to keep them in your elbows for?
I bet it was hard for you to write and did it hurt you when you tried to bend your arms?
love elise
xxxxxxxx

Pooh

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2008, 06:41:01 AM »
That was the big problem then, I couldn't bend them at all because it hurt very much if I did.  I had them in for about 2 1/2 weeks. 

But it healed up and I was fine after that.  No more blood clot and I was back home with my family. 

We all have to do things that hurt sometimes in order to get well and that's what you are doing now.  Just remember that not to far in the future, you are going to be better and able to be the fun young lady that I know you are. 

I know for sure that your Mom and Dad will be the happiest people on this earth when you are better. 

You stay brave and good things will be coming your way. 

((((Hugs)))),
Pooh

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2008, 07:43:11 AM »
Hi Elise  :)

The portocath will be well worth it when they don't have to find veins and stick you with needles any more! It might be a bit uncomfortable just after the operation but after that - it will be more comfortable than the canulas.

The good thing about being your age is that you heal up quicker than older people!

You can't really give up can you? I mean - what would giving up mean? What would you do?

Anyway - I can tell from your posts that you're a fighter and you're not going to let this thing beat you! Hope all the medicines start making a difference you can feel really soon.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

genko_b

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2008, 08:45:04 AM »
Dear Elise:

You are such a special girl. I wish I could take on the pain for you, so you don't have to feel it. I'm sure any one of us here would do that for you as well. We are always thinking of you, and will especially on Thursday and Friday when you have your procedures.

When I think of how brave you are, it helps me to be strong as well. So you are helping others just by being who you are. Your Mom and Dad are so lucky to have you.

Take care.

Genko