Author Topic: Some ideas for Craigmosley who started Elises Diary  (Read 859 times)

Confused

Some ideas for Craigmosley who started Elises Diary
« on: March 03, 2019, 10:14:37 PM »
Hi,

Craig Mosley, who was the wonderful Dad for his daughter and started " Elises Diary"  has asked for some help.  He has posted on "Elise's Diary"  a couple of days ago on March 1, 2019.

I am hoping that some of you who would have some knowledge and idea's could write to him.  I added to his post on Elise's Diary tonight, and the current writings seem to be on page 37 of

posts.  Any suggestions would be helpful and I hope you will take some time to offer some help!

Thank you

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Some ideas for Craigmosley who started Elises Diary
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 08:24:00 AM »
Maybe I did this wrong but I went in on page 37 of Craig's thread and added a post. Irish

Confused

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 02:43:27 PM »
Irish, that was perfect.  You got the right place.  I actually think it helps that the diary is on the board. 

Skylar

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 07:51:10 PM »
Why doesn't he send the diary to book publishers. They have editors who can help shape things like a diary into a book

Confused

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 08:35:03 AM »
bump

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 10:47:47 AM »
It is so soon since Elise passed away that it just may be that (you) Craig, may need to write a lot more in your journal or diary. When a person sends something into a publishing company for possible purchase and printing the publishing company has editors who go through the diary with a fine tooth comb and will edit the material ie., change a lot of it to their way of thinking plus change the sentence structure, spelling, paragraphs, etc. I have heard that it is traumatic to get ones writing back in a form that is not quite the same. The other thing I would wonder about is the traumatic effec t of going through this process so soon after a person loses a loved one.

Maybe, Craig, you could just add all the emotional and facts concerning the illness in order to soothe your soul. If you want to submit to publishing down the road you could always do that. Keep it simple during this time of grieving. Hang in there...Elise is watching over you. Irish

craigm

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 12:31:15 PM »
Thank you all for your ideas...…..and your kind (and much needed) words.

all I have at the moment is 2 books,
1) Elise before the illness
2) Elise living with it.....
But they may take a while.

Elise would always ask for donations to the "Make-a-Wish" charity from friends and family for her birthdays
So.....in the same spirit….(If the moderators are ok with this) maybe get I could get "Elise's Diary" printed in book form and use the proceeds to fund "Sjogrens World Forums"....or Sjogrens research

just a thought.   

Confused

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 12:53:31 PM »
Craig, I can tell you are a special man.  Should we all be so lucky to have a Dad like you.

I think offering to help sjogren's world is truly wonderful.  I can see where Elise's good heart came from.

It will take time but that is ok.  Things like this take time.  Lots in some cases.  (I have lost other family members and have been working to come to terms with some things.)  That was a number of years ago and I stuck things somewhere and now I am dealing with things I had no control over.

Take your time.  Sjogren's World wants you to take care of you first and you have already given back more than you know.  So first take care of you, and get things written just for you.

At a later date you can think book or whatever, but first have things all set for you, as I'm sure when writing you may find things to add, and what direction you will actually take.  It will come to you.  Some things are supposed to take time.  You have had a major trauma so do not think you need to decide things quickly. 

Blessings always
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 04:14:55 PM by Confused »