Author Topic: Elise's Diary  (Read 89364 times)

craigmosley

Elise's Diary
« on: January 02, 2008, 02:10:59 PM »
Elise had her Methyl Pred today (over 30 mins).................and the Canular is OK........... ;D Yaaaaaaaaayyyy !!
She handled it very well............no upset or tears  :)
A few mouth uncers have poped up but the doctors will keep an eye on them.........

The Christmas tree's have to stay up a little longer than usual..............due to the rudhed christmas we had..........and Saturday we have the family comeing round again for a "post" christmas dinner..........which is fine...........BUT..........Dad is the chef......AGAIN  >:(............ha ha !!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 02:15:19 PM by craigmosley »

Linda196

• Administrator
Re: Elise's Diary
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 02:23:09 PM »
That's our brave girl! Good for you Elise.

I hope that this marks the "upswing" in how you're feeling and how things are going with the treatment, and from now on, all will go well.

Dad, you must be a good cook, the people keep coming back!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Pooh

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:12:18 PM »
Elise I knew you could do it.  You are a very brave young lady and you will get well soon I just know it.  Bravo!!! Bibity Bopity, Boo!!!  You did it!!!!   Yea!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there Craig, the sun will shine soon. 

Pooh

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »
hey Elise - well done!!  ;D
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

lynnmarie219

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 07:21:32 PM »
Yayyyyyyy Elise! You did it! I'm so proud of you! I hope you and dad have a wonderful dinner on Saturday!

Craig......Enjoy the Christmas trees a little longer...enjoy the time with your family....but please take some time out for you.....just a little time for rest!

Hang in there.....both of you!

ktfabian

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 08:18:45 PM »
Congratulations, Elise!

I have to tell you, I'm 46 and I often don't handle all that goes along with this disease as well as you do!

Enjoy your be-lated Christmas and take a moment to ring in the New Year knowing that we're all sending wishes that this year will be SO much easier for you.  (and we're saying lots of prayers for that, too!)

Hang in there Elise, and Dad too,
Tracy

Shari

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 02:37:39 PM »
Belated Merry Charistmas and a Happy New Year!!

LenV

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 06:13:44 PM »
Elise,
that was so brave!  I'm so very proud of you!   :) :) :)

Craig, it's incredible how you are handling this.  I'm very proud of you too!   :) :)

Billye

Rania

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 06:28:30 PM »
Brave girl!
Enjoy the Christmas celebration now. And good luck in the future.
Be proud of yourself. Many in here are proud of you!

Gentle hugs,

Rania

craigmosley

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 12:42:02 PM »
Thanx for the support............cant wait for elise to see it.........

Thursday 3rd Jan

Elise had her "Goblins" today...........over 5 hours........and the MethalPred..........no tears again
We set of at 8am and got there for 9..............set off for home at 10pm and got back at 11pm..........what a day.....

Friday 4th
"Goblins" again lol.............methalPred and Methatrexate................
Canular came out...................with out any fuss
A few tears today...................we have to stop in a few days while they do a muscle biopsy and fit a porta cath but the day after we will only have the MetalPred And Methatrexate.......so thats not toooooooo bad.

But............at the beginning of Feb we have to stay for 3 days.............."Goblins" over 2 days.............and Pamidronate over 3 ............it takes 6 hours for the goblins and 4 hours for the Pamidronate..................but the good news is that Pamidronate is only given once every 3 months..................

Dad will be with her............. ;D

elise

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 01:19:40 PM »
We met the doctors today.
Doctor jay is pregnant so she is retiring for a bit.
Thank you for supporting me.
I got through it, but mum and dad was there with me.
I dont think i will be able to go through it alone.
Thank you ever so much for going through it with me mum and dad!
I cant be any more greatful!
I have to have another canular again on friday!
But it will be out on the  same day................... done and dusted.
But then the week after will be the most upseting, no family and got to stay in overnight at the hospital.
We dont get internet connection there either so it is very boring.
Me and dad end up taking 2 carrier bags full of stuff because we are that bored.
i cant thank you enough for being there for  me everyone!
you will always be in my heart
love elisexxxxxx

itssue

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 01:37:58 PM »
Hi there sweetie,

You know you have got to be the bravest young lady I have ever known.  I'm so glad that everything went well for you.  I know that this is a tough battle, but you are so strong and such a fighter that I know in my heart you will win this battle.  Stay strong!!!

God Bless you and your family,

Sue

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 05:39:12 PM »
Hi Elise  :)

One thing you know for sure is that you won't have to go through anything alone.  Usually a parent is allowed to stay overnight with their child but it can be very uncomfortable as they don't always get a bed and sleeping in a chair isn't great.

If you do stay overnight on your own - aren't there other kids to talk to or TV? I bet your parents would stay pretty well till you went to sleep anyway and then come in not long after you wake up so there wouldn't be time to be lonely.

Once upon a time they weren't so good about letting parents into hospitals and they were only allowed in during visiting hours which were quite short. I had to leave a 3 year old on his own when he had his adenoids and tonsils out and the first time I was left on my own in a ward I was 7. Somehow - we manage!!

You sound as though you've got great parents anyway.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Pooh

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 05:53:27 PM »
Hi Elise,
I'm so glad to hear that things went smooth this time for you.  You are being such a brave young lady for your Mum and Dad. 

I think this is hurting your Dad the most.  He loves you so much and it hurts him and Mum as much as it hurts you, maybe more.  But Mum and Dad's are like that. ;D

The overnight in hospital will be quite an adventure.  I remember on my last stay how interesting it gets especially at night when everyone is trying to be quiet and whisper, but they seem to make more noise than quiet. :D 

I hope all goes well for you and your Mum and Dad.  Don't forget to let us know how it goes, we are all rooting for you.  You are going to be so well, no one will be able to catch you.  You will be able to make those legs fly again. 

Hugs, Pooh

eyeamdry

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 02:15:35 PM »
Elise, I think you have become a hero to the members of this board!  Dad is right behind you as caregiver hero.
I haven't posted to you, but I always read you and your Dad's posts.  I hope this year will be a bit brighter for you.

Lucy

PS. I have a neice named Elise!  Your parents picked a very pretty name.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:20:19 PM by eyeamdry »