Author Topic: Head Hurts  (Read 11105 times)

mspetnurse

Re: Head Hurts
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 09:16:52 PM »
Sorry I haven't been on in a while, I will tell you why in a day or two... long story.

I finally found something that helps more than anything else right now.

Just taking a Q-tip and swabbing the inside of my nose with a little KY jelly a couple of times a day helps a lot. I have tried all kinds of sprays and most don't last long and the saline burns my nose sometimes. I just happened to think about the KY, and bought one of the generics to try. It does not harm the tissues in any way, and last much longer than the sprays.

Martha

Tamik

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 08:55:57 AM »
I too have been suffering from nasty headaches - especially in the morning when I woke up.  I thought it was beause I was just so dry.  My neurologist did an MRI of my head and neck and they were normal so he said it was jsut something I would have to live with and gave me painkillers as well as migraine prevention meds. The meds did nothing-  I am very persistant with the why - why was I having these headaches?  They were not an issue 2 years earlier.  I mentioned this to my rhuemy and she sent me back for a neck x-ray - one where I had tipped my head back.  It turns out that my neck muscles were weak and the vertabrae in my c-spine were sliding out of position because the muscles were not holding them in place- which was putting pressure on the nerves  -causing a lot of my headaches!!!  I have been going to physical therapy for a couple months now and the difference is amazing -  It did take time to build up to the point where I could say that though! I have been headache free now for over a week!  Considering that I used to have a constant headache all day  - in my nose and eye area the most -treated for many sinus infections that were not -  I am enjoying the days free of them!  It doesn't hurt that I get a massage from the PT after I do my excercises with him :)  Tami K

Shari

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 06:30:28 AM »
Martha~~I'm glad that you found some temporary releif and hope that you continue to get a break.  I hope your story is all good ????

Tami~~Wow!  releif!  Will be glad to know that this contiues to keep you headache free!

Take good care all  ~~Shari~~

mspetnurse

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 09:59:15 AM »
Tamik,

I may have to check into this, and I'm glad that the therapy is helping you.

Oh, I love a good massage. I have a gift card for a free one, but I have to get the okay from my surgeon before I can use it. I see him next Thursday.

Shari,

I posted my story in the general folder under "MIA on the boards".... unfortunately, none of it was good.

So far so good with the Ky, and I only have to do it a couple of times a day as opposed to several times with the spray.

Hugs

Martha

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 11:04:21 AM »
Tamik, The first question I would ask my doctor is why do I have muscle weakness in my neck. Is it because of the Sjogrens or is there something else going on? Sjogrens can cause muscle weakness as can other autoimmune diseases. I guess I would want to find out the reason for this.

Myasthenia gravis can cause muscle weakness in the neck also and that is an autoimmune disease that requires different treatment than sjogrens. Do a google on Myasthenia gravis and check out the symptoms to see if you have anything that might apply. I had symptoms for decades and never even connected it with myasthenia as it was such a slowly progressive disease with me.

So many times we think that we have a little issue and it turns out that it can head us off in a different direction with different treatments. Good luck. Irish ;D

Tamik

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 09:43:25 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion -I will definitely ask about that - I hope it is just my sjogrens!:)  My wrists and triceps are also week.... Tami K
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:01:16 AM by Tamik »