Author Topic: What is your weather doing these days  (Read 283 times)

meirish

What is your weather doing these days
« on: August 31, 2020, 10:05:58 PM »
Just curious as our weather has sort of a change and feels more like fall. It Rained last nite...really a nice rain with some quiet thunder. I opened my window and checked and the air was cool and smell so good. It has gotten into the 50's the past few nights.

The sun is going down so much earlier it seems and by 8PM it is dusky and people should not walk in the road or they could get hit. Just seem like it went from really hot and humid summer to fall. We did not have any 90 degree days that I remember but the dew point was high and the corn has really grown.

WE can all hope that our crops make it to harvest and that it doesn't come too early. Poor  Iowa lost about  10 million acres of corn in the storm they has about 3 weeks ago. It seems like they haven't said that much about it but the pictures are terrible and so many people lost everything.  I heard one ad asking for volunteers to come and help do clean up. There is debris scattered for miles. Take care. meirish

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: What is your weather doing these days
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 01:59:05 PM »
Hi Irish,

Southeast of you, down in Central Illinois, the weather has been all over the place - from the 50's to the high 90's.  There were some really hot, humid days there within the last couple of weeks.

Today, I was woke up by the sound of thunder and rain.  The storm has moved on heading to the East, but I think we're suppose to get more tonight and some tomorrow too.  (It's been dry here, so we need the rain, but the weekends when people have time off from work/school, they like to be outside, and can't when it's storming.)

It's also breezy here today.  Current temperature 78 degrees (feels like 84).  In the mid 70's, low humidy is my favorite.   ;)

It's so sad to hear about all the damage in Iowa.  With everything else that is going on right now, they certainly didn't need that added on top of things.  I hope the people of Iowa and Louisiana get the help they need to recover from the wrath of Mother Nature and prosper once again.

Take care my friend to the Northwest. 

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Carebear

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 06:50:11 PM »
Fall is early here in the Canadian prairies.  This weekend was absolutely freezing cold, windy, and rain/hail coming out of nowhere several times. Not far from us it snowed. Lots!  5 cm in total. It felt like fall was coming in early August to me. Just the way the crows and magpies were acting.  I don't usually see that kind of behaviour until late September so I've been bracing myself for a while now for the nasty cold.

We had very little heat this summer. Maybe only two weeks of needing the air conditioner, and many long days of rain. As Bucky noted, lots of severe changes in weather too. And the wind.  So much wind!
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

sixty

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 10:19:02 PM »
Here in the Pacific Northwest we have smoke from the fires east and south of us.  The wind was blowing from the east yesterday very strong so it brought us the smoke from Eastern Washington.  Seems like the west is on fire.

meirish

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 03:09:30 PM »
Here in southern mn we have had some really gorgeous days lately. It does cool off at night some and in 40's at times and everyone is holding their breath that it doesn't freeze yet as the crops need more time. I saw some bean that could use another 3 weeks at least with some nice low humidity and sunshine and breeze. I haven't heard how the corn is coming.

WE have had some rain off and on that has been welcomed. This year has been so crazy that we just are really thankful for every uneventful day we have. Take care. meirish