Author Topic: Gustatory Rhitinitis  (Read 98 times)

Judie P

Gustatory Rhitinitis
« on: July 28, 2020, 03:56:30 PM »
Have any of you been diagnosed with this problem?
Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops

Linda196

• Administrator
Re: Gustatory Rhitinitis
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 03:23:03 AM »
This is also called non-allergic rhitinitis, and is most common when eating very spicy foods. I used to have a bit of a runny nose when I ate highly spiced curries, but that was about it, and that has stopped as everything just got dryer and dryer over time (and I can't eat highly spiced foods because they actually burn my dry mouth!)

No official diagnosis, just my observation, it was a slight annoyance only, for me, so I never mentioned it to the doctor.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 07:27:35 AM »
So what my husband of 56 years has always had is gustatory Rhinitis?  It has a name, a diagnosis?

Mystery solved

Thanks, Judie!, Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

jazzlover

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 10:15:50 AM »
Never heard that term, but I would say I have it.

There is a strong connection between salicylate sensitivity and Sjogren's. Think SPICES.

I also have to avoid sals in skin care, shampoos, etc. Can't eat foods that are dark green, full of color, peel my apples and pears. I can only have certain apples.

Google it to see if it sounds familiar to you.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease