Author Topic: Plaquenil  (Read 230 times)

katie1111

Plaquenil
« on: April 24, 2020, 10:47:32 AM »
For those of you who are having trouble filling your Plaquenil prescriptions, I just filled an order for 180 pills from Universal Drugs in Canada.  Look online.  The site lists places that ship the medication.  I have been using this site for several years and always order my drugs from England.  I have never had a problem. I wasn't sure what would happen this time, but the drugs arrived today.  It took about 4 weeks to arrive.  You do have to provide a script.  I scan my script on to my computer and attach it to an email.  I think it took about 4 weeks, but I have my medication.

Katie1111

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
Re: Plaquenil
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 11:04:06 PM »
Thanks for the info, Katie,

Right before the big ?stay at home? orders, I had my scrip filled for three months worth.  I?m ahead anyway because I conserve my Plaquinil and try to stay ahead of the game.  We had trouble getting it refilled once before and I try to prevent that from happening!  I rely on it too much to run out.

I take 200 mg twice per day but my doctor told me I could drop down to 300 per day and see how I do, with the idea that if my symptoms got worse, then I could go back to 400 mg daily.

Well I?ve been doing alright on the 300 mg per day so I?ve been ?stock piling? anything extra.  This med has been a huge life saver for me and I never want to run out!😱.

I hope no one else has difficulty getting this much needed med.  stay well and stay safe.

Kathy
62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

engy

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 02:46:40 PM »
I almost couldn?t get mine filled the past 2 months now but my local Walgreen pharmacists are amazing and held some aside for me as they know I?ve been on it for 8 years.  They did that for their ?regulars? that take it.  They also only had the brand name Plaquenil available.

The pharmacists says it shouldn?t be backordered for much longer since it doesn?t seem to work well for most Covid19 patients.
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

sixty

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 06:58:53 PM »
You know, I can't believe drs. are even prescribing it for corvid since it hasn't been proven to work.

Deb 27

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 05:38:00 PM »
Well, it now seems that another medication, an antiviral, Remdezevir, is doing better in the clinical trials and plaquenil is falling a little out of favor. That is good news for us.

It really worries me is that now we are in a big shouting match and blame game with China and they make most of our medications!! I think that is a huge safety issue for everyone who has to take medications. They aren't mentioning any of this. Maybe they think we are too stupid to think about this? They've already found carcinogenic contaminants in blood pressure medications, Zantac and some metformin. Nobody's done anything about that yet but try to reassure us that the levels are very low.......... I just hope they stop making our meds in China if we can't trust them. 

Meanwhile, I have an ample 3 months supply of plaquenil.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.