Author Topic: Anyone else nervous about Plaquenil possibly being used for Coronavirus?  (Read 686 times)

deeindiana

• Deb Perry Studio: photography & graphic arts
I'm not nervous but am confused. When I started taking Plaquinil several years ago the doctor told me that it takes a couple months to kick in. So how could a drug that takes months to build up in your system be effective quickly for this virus?
Diagnosed June 2010.
Rheumy at University of Michigan Med Center. Age 52
Severely dry mouth & throat with difficulty swallowing, fibro, allodynia of the scalp.
Medications: Atenolol, Dexilant, Zoloft, Zocor, Flaxseed oil, Vit D, Nasonex, Plaquenil
I am my own worst enemy...

jazzlover

Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

jazzlover

Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

markt

The good news in all of this is tons of Federal funds are being prioritized for development and research of Antiviral and target Antibodie therapies relevant to the larger Autoimmune patient community.

Secondly, the medical community is getting experience with prescribing medications Off Label (plaquenil/z pack) to treat COVID19.  Much the same way I benefit from Rituximab off label for Sjogrens.

Just a positive thought.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
I do not take it!
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

twilite

More on plaquenil....clinical trial with COVID..

https://www.lymedisease.org/plaquenil-covid19-research/?fbclid=IwAR1gXeXcynyVaEEsBSaf1kBB-fbE0Hmq10RmRBi9j5zT0YGtCNzdtP-QNmU

Too bad they can't just test those of us who take the meds to see if we were exposed to coronavirus and are doing well. Instead they take the meds off the market and those that need it can't get perscriptions filled .
64 Years Old - Diagnosed in 2008 - Secondary Sjogren' s, HypoThyroid, Fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, RA, , Pre-syncope, Hypermobility syndrome, Arthralgia, Insomnia, neuropathoy, dry mouth, eyes, low BP & Vit D, Citrulline Antibody, orthostatic hypotension, ulcer, glaucoma, brain fog, and depression

ghostkiwi

I just heard on the news a case of a woman in Mexico that couldn?t get any plaquenil because of covid 19 and Trump saying is was a cure.
25 years old, Sjogren's, Syncope, chronic parotitis, Anemia, Pinched nerves in Neck, arthritis, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Evoxac, Triamterene-HCTZ (for potential Meniere's Disease), Vitamin B 5, Iron Supplements, Restasis, Lotemax, artificial tears, traumeel, arnica

engy

I just filled my 30 day prescription. My insurance never approved 90 days, my rhuemy tried years ago. Pharmacist said I got the last of what they have.  It?s on backorder for at least 3 weeks.  I hope everyone who needs this medicine, for whatever reason is able to have access to it.  I?ve had a lot of anxiety and now have SHINGLES. Ugh

Take care everyone!
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C