Author Topic: I have developed lower back pain in the morning....  (Read 449 times)

brizzo

I have developed lower back pain in the morning....
« on: March 01, 2020, 07:43:22 AM »
This is a new one. I wake up crippled with pain in my lower back. It is central and at the base of my spine. It eases up and almost disappears after an hour or two but it is crippling. I mean, I can't move far at all. I and pain have a decent relationship. I fall asleep in the dental chair, the tattoo table and I "cowboy up" whenever I get my many) kidney stones. This pain!!! This is different. I am almost sure it is not another stone. Indeed, I am working on a stone right now but that pain is always in my lower back but way above this spot and towards the flank. It feels like a pulled muscle when I am moving a stone. This feels like something is wrong with the joint at the base of my spine.

The diagnosis is still wavering between Sjogren's and MCTD. So far, my ANA's come back normal except my SS-B is way abnormal. I am awaiting a third set of results that use an Avise methodology that is much more accurate.

Any thoughts on this?

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: I have developed lower back pain in the morning....
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 08:51:59 PM »
I have a lot of back pain also and have had X-rays and other scans with diagnosis that does not include sugary. Which is fine with me. I think that a lot of my pain is inflammatory in nature and results from two bones rubbing some in a joint. This takes place in several area of my spine but not always at the same time or on the same day.

Also I have osteoarthritis in my hands and feet and I would bet in my spine also. This will come and last many weeks and I will rest a lot with the heating pad and some ice off and on and it will improve. When it improves I am one happy girl.....untiil I have to do a little lifting or bending and soon it will return.

I hate to say it but I think some of this pain is not always related to autoimmune but just older age and wear and tear. I used to take Aleve OTC for it but can't now as I am on prednisone plus have a colon problem that can bleed from the NSAIDS.

Hope you find something that helps. Have you tried any pillows to seat on at work chair that helps with positional issues??? Take care. Irish

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 07:39:36 AM »
For low back pain I use hand reflexology to send endorphins to that area. Then I start to exercise with one pelvic tilt per day for a week and increase it by one per week as I feel better. If the reflexology does not seem to work, I drink an 8 ounce glass of carrot juice to help my body. You can also try the meditation that I use.

Find a comfortable position and close you eyes. With your eyes closed, look to the top of your forehead. As you breath in, think "I am". As you breath out, think "calm". Try to do it for 15 minutes.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Kristian

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 09:41:07 AM »
Brizzo-  Has your rheumatologist looked at Ankyloing Spondylitits?  One of the most common symptoms i a crippling low back/hip area pain for about an our upon waking that gets better when you walk and move around.  Look it up and ask your doctor about it.  If you get sciatica or pain in your butt that alternates sides that is common symptom as well.

Hope all goes well and your pain goes away with time.  Feel free to message me if it is along the Ankylosing Spondylitis route :-)
Sjogren's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Low Vitamin D, Sciatica down both legs permananently.
Take Enbrel, Synthroid, Oxycodone, Oxymorphone ER, Gabapentin, Raios (long acting prednisone), Vivlodex, Aquaoral, Exovac,  and endless eye drops :-)
Tumeric, Sea Buckthorn Oil and Vit D

brizzo

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 09:07:19 AM »
Brizzo-  Has your rheumatologist looked at Ankyloing Spondylitits?  One of the most common symptoms i a crippling low back/hip area pain for about an our upon waking that gets better when you walk and move around.  Look it up and ask your doctor about it.  If you get sciatica or pain in your butt that alternates sides that is common symptom as well.

Hope all goes well and your pain goes away with time.  Feel free to message me if it is along the Ankylosing Spondylitis route :-)

I'm waiting to get back to my Rheum when all this blows over but the A/S... I certainly hope not. I helped launch and I sell, Cosentyx, a biologic for PSO, PSA and AS. Man o Man I hope it isn't that.

However, iI think that I know what it is.. I think that my Psoaz muscles are too tight. That and another, very personal issue, leads me to beleive that the issues are external and fixable.