Author Topic: Ocular hypertension  (Read 70 times)

Carebear

Ocular hypertension
« on: February 06, 2020, 09:43:47 AM »
Dear Sjogren's family,

On my last opthamologist appointment, the pressure in one eye was high. I recall hearing the number 35.  No optic nerve damage, normal field of vision and cornea thickness. So the opthamologist recommended no treatment yet, and a follow up appointment in four months.

I trust this guy, and could tell he was taking this seriously.  My father and his sister had glaucoma so I take it seriously as well, but I'm not worried. And who knows? The pressure may be perfect on the next appointment.

I have severe dryness in the affected eye, so adding eye drops to treat ocular hypertension is a real concern anyway.  I know it can increase dryness,  if that is even possible!

Anyone else experiencing this? Are there drops that may cause less dryness than others? When did you start treatment or are you just being monitored?

I see the opthamologist in a couple of weeks and would like to be better prepared to ask questions. That last appointment resulted  was unexpected and I more or less sat with my mouth open the whole time.  Okay.  Not really.  But I was blindsided (no pun intended).

As I said  with all other tests normal,  I am not worried.  I just want to be better informed and proactive.   Thank you for sharing your experience.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.