Author Topic: Pain and soreness under tongue and jaw  (Read 131 times)

Jeigh44

Pain and soreness under tongue and jaw
« on: February 04, 2020, 11:17:29 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I have been dealing with pain and tenderness underneath my tongue and jaw for the last three months.  Also, my tongue is sore and it feels like it swells off and on during the day, which causes me to talk funny.  Does anyone else deal with this? 

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Pain and soreness under tongue and jaw
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 03:15:43 PM »
Have you felt under your jaw to see if you are swollen or have pain. on the tissue under your chinc. There is a salivary gland in that area that has ducts that can get plugged up and painful. I will get pain at the base of my chin also. Try warm packs ad then massage gently to see if you can get the thick saliva sludge in the ducts to move through. Make sure to talk to your ENT about this. Irish

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 10:54:31 PM »
I have lots of pain inside my cheeks. I use to get this with a flare, but I have it all the time now, and with white streaks inside my cheeks.

Good advice from irish.

How are you doing irish?

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 01:31:15 PM »
Hi, Susan, I have felt better the past couple of days but I don't know why....of why not. :)

Seems like the older I get the more issues there are plus my coping ability is worse. Sometimes I can't keep up. However, the sun is out in southern MN. WE have been cloudy for almost 3 weeks and everybody has been getting stir crazy. Sun makes life better. Take care all. Irish