Author Topic: Xylimelts  (Read 570 times)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Xylimelts
« on: January 27, 2020, 12:20:17 PM »
Dear Sjogren's Angels,

My new marvelous Rheumatologist recommended I try Xylimelts.  Of COURSE, I had read about them here, but didn't try them.

They work so well for social situations and meetings!  They are expensive, .18 cents each.  But I only use a couple a day.  I sometimes use one at night, as well.

Just letting you know I should have LISTENED to you.

Regards, Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

araminta

Re: Xylimelts
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 06:03:39 AM »
Glad you've finally discovered these!

I use sugarfree chewing gum as a cheap substitute!   But I guess for the night Xylimelts are safer.
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 05:57:03 PM »
Carolina,

I could not live without my Xylimelts!  I use two per night and every night.  I like the mint free ones and I like the cinnamon flavored.  I just bought some mint free but slightly sweet,  xylimelts, and I think they are my new favorite🥰.

The mint ones make my mouth sometimes feel like it is burning, but I am very sensitive.  Better late than never🤗

Kathy
62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

jazzlover

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 07:53:57 PM »
I just bought some today for my husband. Ironically, I'm the one with Sjogren's and I don't really need them. My biggest issue is my eyes.

Hubby needs them to counteract dryness from a BP med.

I knew I had heard good reviews on the Xylimelts here and he's already tried Biotene's lozenges and failed those.

Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 03:47:40 AM »
I have not tried them. How do they work, and what form are they in at night when you use them? (do they dissolve)?
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

araminta

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 04:49:59 AM »
They are in a specially shaped tablet form and you attach them to a gum, where they very gradually dissolve during the night.  They stimulate the salivary glands.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 04:51:39 AM by araminta »
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

jazzlover

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 04:23:30 PM »
They are in a specially shaped tablet form and you attach them to a gum, where they very gradually dissolve during the night.  They stimulate the salivary glands.
That's awesome!
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

susanep

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 09:08:58 PM »
They do sound great. I am kind of late responding, but I have been sick.
Thank you,
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Carolina

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 06:56:24 AM »
I am amazed how they work.  I put one in my lower jaw, way to the back, brown side (sticky side) in towards my gums/teeth.  The side that sticks doesn't feel sticky to the touch, by the way.

The little Xylimelt somehow 'sticks' (but not in a scary way) in place.  I don't have to worry about getting it exactly in the right place, it just finds the right place.

Then for HOURS it releases a tiny bit of 'whatever it is'.  I forget about it completely after the first few times.

Sometimes, later, when I'm eating something, the little, almost gone, lozenge comes loose and I can taste it (quite pleasant).

I use them mainly if I'm going to play bridge, or a meeting..  I still have my water with me, of course.  But it's so nice not the have a dry mouth!

But as most of you know, water really doesn't add moisture to my mouth.  If anything water is slightly drying to my mouth.  But the Xylimelt adds 'substance' (rather like sugar free gum) which stays with me.

I like gum, but I always want to 'snap it'.  And I prefer not to be 'chewing' in public, so much.

Anyway, I'm sold!

Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

susanep

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 11:34:05 PM »
Where do you buy these?
susanep

Carolina

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 07:20:33 AM »
Dear Susan,

I get them from Amazon.com, using my Smile account which makes a tiny contribution to Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation, Inc., with each purchase I make.

I got a large number, since they were cheaper per tablet that way.  But there are all sizes of packages and bottles to choose from.

Regards, Elaine