Author Topic: Some good news  (Read 410 times)

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
Some good news
« on: January 05, 2020, 08:43:08 PM »
Sjoggie friends,

I have been meaning to post so many times but have been so busy and exhausted.  I had a very busy holiday season with all of my kids and grandkids home for Christmas.  (And for Thanksgiving). Three adult kids, three spouses and six grandkids.  I managed to fit everybody and to feed everybody very well.  I planned weeks in advance and made things ahead of time and froze them when I could.

This is a lot of work for people like us!  I really put myself out there to make everything as nice as possible and I?m pretty happy with how it all turned out.  I?m so glad that I am retired now and no longer working cause it might have totally done me in!  I was very happy that everyone could make it home for Christmas.

I know I have mentioned that my husband has a very aggressive cancer that we have been traveling from Illinois to MD Anderson in Houston to treat.  We are so grateful to be able to get this care.  We were scheduled to go December 18th and didn?t get home until the 21st and this kind of put more stress on me as I was preparing for a full house at Christmas (and Thanksgiving).

The last time we went to Houston we had some bad news with enlarging cancer area and a new area of cancer growth, so I had been so worried about this last trip!  Lots of stress just trying to get there with missing our connecting flight at O'Hare because of airplane issues.  You know the drill!  Then we barely made our appointment due to the awful Houston traffic, but we made it!  None of this stress is good for my Sjogrens!😱

Well we received some pretty wonderful news!  He had been put back on chemo meds again and the doctor said that the cancer areas have actually shrunk and are responding well to the meds he is taking!  I was so relieved!  He was diagnosed five years ago and the doctor said that she would give him ?five to ten years? then.  Of course I?m hoping for more!!  She said, she will eventually want to put him into a trial but not for quite a while!  She said, we have time.  Music to my ears.

So when I got exhausted at Christmas with all the family and added work and activities, I just took a deep breath and smiled!  Because we have time!

I can do anything!  Even with this darn illness!

Here?s hoping for a better year for all of us.🤗

Kathy
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 08:47:20 PM by Kathy57 »
62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Some good news
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 08:57:37 PM »
Sop glad that you had such a great holiday season. "We" people don't always have the ability to do the holiday thing. I am also glad to hear that your hubbies is responding to his meds again. Life is surely unpredictable isn't it. I really do think that as we age we seem to adapt to change more easily. I do believe that age comes with wisdom and also with age means we don't have the responsibility of children who were always able to keep things hopping for us even when we were young.

I hope that you have a good spring with both of your health issues. Your kids and all will remember the holiday in years to come. Then you can tell them how much of a job it was. :D  Irish

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 09:18:05 PM »
Thanks so much, Irish! 

The kids have been worried about their dad and I think that is one of the reasons that everyone made it home and stayed longer than normal.  They wanted to spend quality time with their dad.  This is another reason why I knocked myself out making everything as nice as I could.  It was worth it. 

Thank you for all your many words of wisdom and advice for everyone.  I try and keep up with all the postings here.

Kathy
62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

Jenny

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 04:01:13 AM »
That?s wonderful news Kathy! They have really come a long way with cancer drugs.
63 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

ohiolady

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 07:25:05 PM »
What wonderful news!  Every day is precious! So happy for you and your family! God bless!

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Deb 27

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 02:52:13 PM »
That is great news Kathy. Wishing you continued good news this year and going forward. Happy 2020!!!
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

araminta

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 02:44:20 AM »
That's great news, Kathy!   And I'm glad you coped so well with that very busy Xmas.   I hope all continues to go well in 2020.
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

SjoGirl

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 04:57:25 PM »
Hooray! Prayers for further progress!!!
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Cricket

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 10:15:30 AM »
So happy that your husband got such fantastic news!!
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax