Author Topic: reaction to bleach  (Read 147 times)

bluegardenia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 648
reaction to bleach
« on: December 02, 2019, 03:34:10 PM »
hi everybody, yesterday evening I threw some dust clothes to the bleach(that I did not touch) and I immediately went out from the room because I felt my throat burning. the burning sensation and the change of the taste in my mouth lasts after almost one day. I feel a strong  taste of iron and my mouth still burns. this changes if I eat, but as soon as I finish my meal the iron taste and the burning starts again. anybody had the same with bleach or to the hairdresser with hair bleach? also teeth feel different
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

irish

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 13463
Re: reaction to bleach
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 11:36:53 PM »
Did you spray any product on the dust clothes to help with the dusting. It could have been the combination of the bleach and a spray product on the clothes. Have you thought of calling the Poison Control Center? I think you can find the number in the phone book in the first couple of pages. You might want to go to ER also and they would most likely do a search for products and reactions.

Hope that you are feeling better. Also, did you wash your body that was exposed to the air and likely to get any residual droplets on it.Good luck. I don't have much more that I can say except to tell you that if you continue to feel bad you would do well to seek medical attention. Irish

SjoGirl

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2127
Re: reaction to bleach
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 01:07:53 PM »
bluegardenia I accidentally sprayed myself with muli-purpose cleaner the other day. I immediately washed my face thoroughly, flushed my eyes multiple times, and avoided using my Retasis for a couple of days (I think I got a bit in my eyes). The effects did linger for a day or so but the product is not as powerful as bleach. I agree with Irish contact a poison control center or see a doc of the symptoms persist. Bleach is nasty stuff.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

bluegardenia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 648
Re: reaction to bleach
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 03:54:24 PM »
I did not spray anything!! I just put some water on a basin and added  half cup of bleach.then I quickly put the clothes inside and ran outside the room. I did not touch anything , I had gloves. it was the smell.but immediately felt that strange taste of iron that lasted hours. I took a pill of cortisone just in case and that helped. if I go to the hairdresser and thy are using some bleach I have almost the same sensation
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

irish

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 13463
Re: reaction to bleach
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 08:50:55 PM »
It must be lost you have an unusual reaction to bleach.????Good luck. Irish

jazzlover

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3042
Re: reaction to bleach
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 08:58:33 PM »
Stay AWAY from that stuff. I do not even own bleach because the last time I used it I thought I was going to die.

I have mast cell activation syndrome along with the SjS... it can happen.

I use hydrogen peroxide if I want to remove stains or disinfect. I even use it in my toilets, since I can't use other chemicals. I even react to vinegar.

Stay safe!

PS .. There is a new report out today about hair dye being linked to cancer, esp breast cancer. They didn't do a trial with bleach .. but I'm sure it's not much better.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

Sharon

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1320
Re: reaction to bleach
« Reply #6 on: Today at 05:57:30 PM »
Bleach irritates the mucous membranes which you may be experiencing.
I agree with Jazz- get that toxic product out of your home and out of your life!
I too have radical reactions to bleach: besides the burning blood-shot eyes it gives me it also makes me seriously dizzy, faint and fatigued.
I have banned it from my home.
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...