Author Topic: Re: flu shot  (Read 265 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: flu shot
« on: November 27, 2019, 01:43:53 PM »
I couldn't find a thread on just flu shots so started this new one.

I am 76 years old and just wanted to let you know that I had my flu shot on Tues after my IVIG. They gave me the flu shot "for people over age 65 years". I had never heard it called this and had always thought I got a stronger version of the flu shot. So I learned something else to day. Just thought it might be of interest to some of you who are as confused as I am about dosage.

It didn't hurt and still doesn't and I have not symptoms so far. Thanks. Irish

jazzlover

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 01:59:24 PM »
Yes, it's like a double dose.

I will pass once again. I hope you continue to feel OK.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 07:19:23 AM »
Thank you irish, because I am planning to get mine soon.
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Deb 27

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 06:02:35 AM »
I got my shot last week. I guess next year I'll get the double dose............. or whatever for seniors........ But, I think this year it is giving me a flare. I am very achy!!!!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 12:22:16 PM by Deb 27 »
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

jazzlover

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 08:53:42 PM »
 :( :(
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 09:30:37 AM »
Me and Hubby got our flu shot today.
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Confused

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 04:32:38 PM »
It is always interesting in on how to take different meds and often very confusing to me.
My doc had me take the flu shot but instead of the older flu shot she had me take the regular one.  She said that whatever was in the stronger shot would do nothing for me as far as the flu was concerned and so, in this case she recommended the standard shot.  However I do think there is a new flu that may be contained in in this shot.
I did have the regular shot and had it in October as the doctor as with the traveling etc. she expected to see quite a bit of the flu.  This year looks like it is going to be a bad year.  The weather is extremely cold already and it seems that September seemed to be the time that a ton of people being sick has taken hold. 
I hope the shot works for all of us. This does not look like it is going to be a good year for people at all as it isn't just the flu but we have had things since September. 
Stay warm.