Author Topic: Christmas tree up Walmaart Monday Nov.11,2019  (Read 159 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Christmas tree up Walmaart Monday Nov.11,2019
« on: November 18, 2019, 07:48:39 PM »
Thought I would talk about the weather but had to tell you about the Christmas tree at Walmart. It was in the craziest place....I think they were ashamed they put it up too early. I came in front door, and headed to the veggies ahead and to the right. When I turned to come back to go through the rest of the store there sat the tree. It was to the right of the door and sat back a little bit. A very tall but thin tree covered with big ribbons and no lights. I think they were trying to hide it. :)

Anyway, I just read several days ago that MN has met and exceeded the prediction. It is colder than usual and sounds like will continue to be so. Right now it is 37 which isn't too bad but it has always been very chilly in the morning and seems to be a fair amount of wind. Had some snow but time will tell. I think the crops are pretty will out but doubt the plowing is all down. Probably plowing the cold ground as it was quite wet this fall. Crops out but probably high moisture and for sure low yields.

The other thing to mention is road construction. My town and just about every town in the whole state is doing road construction. We had some terrible detours here this summer and I had one for months on the road into town from the edge of town. I thought it would not get done before frost. Well, it didn't, but they did get it in and tarred before a big rain and ice event.

On the way up to my sons every month it has been constant road construction on the main highways and spend time doing the detours. We'll see what there is on Sat when I go up for the week. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone. Irish

sixty

Re: Christmas tree up Walmaart Monday Nov.11,2019
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 10:53:53 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes Irish.  I know our Costco has had the Christmas stuff up since September I think.  Around my area the traffic is really bad also, like people are already rushing around for xmas shopping.  It's just too soon if you ask me, but maybe they're just rushing around for Thanksgiving.  Anyway, traffic will be bad until the end of December I guess.  Weather in the Pacific Northwest is mild so far.  Let's hope we have no big winds for awhile because I need to have some dead trees cut down and the tree guy won't be around until the end of November.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: Christmas tree up Walmaart Monday Nov.11,2019
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 07:05:32 AM »
Irish, when you mention road construction I know the feeling.  In September we took a trip and had to travel through Indianapolis, IN where there is soooo much road construction.  We had detours for detours!!   :o  We never did find the road we needed and had to resort to pulling out the paper maps and finding our way out of that city so we could continue on our trip!!  There was lots of construction the whole way to our destination in TN.  Thankfully, we didn't run into any stopped traffic, but it was lane restrictions, orange barrels, reduced speed, etc.

I would think with winter so close that all the construction will be finishing up for the year.  It's tough enough dealing with rain, wind, ice and snow without contending with orange construction barrels too!

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)