Author Topic: Low Lymphocytes Anyone?  (Read 339 times)

SjoGirl

Low Lymphocytes Anyone?
« on: November 15, 2019, 01:35:01 PM »
How many of you have low lymphocytes and how has it affected you. Mine are on a downhill run again and I'm not sure why.

I think I might also have an infection, I don't have a fever but feel hot then cold then hot then sometimes both at the same time. I also have a terribly itchy rash under my arms that is driving me crazy and my mouth is very dry again (Beyond it's very cold and dry type of dry. I had saliva, lots of it and it's gone away). I plan to try some Benadryl tonight to see if it helps. If not off to the doc I will go.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Low Lymphocytes Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 02:05:04 PM »
I think it is part of the autoimmune, Sjogrens disease. I have had low red and white blood cells for many years and they change every time I have blood work. A few months ago I only had about 3 subsections of white cells that were low and the time before I think I only had one that was in normal range and the rest were all low. This has been going on for years and as long as they aren't too low the doc says don't need to do anything.

I had immune deficiencies years ago when first diagnosed and prior to that I had about 2 years of feeling lousy ands slightly elevated temps that I felt were abnormal. Temp ran 99 through about 100.2 or so. I would have shills and sweat and always com pain to doc and they never did anything. I got in to immunologist and he then discovered that besides my autoimmune diseases I had extremely lowoo T-cells....normal is like 1100.,,,1600 or so and mine was 420 and then went down to 320. I ended up on antibiotics due to a lot of infections. Also had some low IgG levels also.

I was started on IVIG for my myasthenia gravis and that also helped my low white cell numbers but it took about 6 years. An immunologist is really the doctor that I would suggest. They know so much about the blood and also how the blood can be affected by autoimmune disease and immune deficiencies and allergies. Good luck. Irish
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 09:58:41 PM by irish »

SjoGirl

Re: Low Lymphocytes Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 05:01:48 PM »
Irish, thank you. You have been through it all!! I was like you when I was first ill, infections all of the time! I had fevers, chills, night sweats, and much more. My bloodwork also varies from time to time and so far the docs are not worried about it (it's been far worse).

A hematologist did tell me once that when I had anemia it was the anemia of autoimmune disease. He freed me from taking iron, which my doctors had prescribed. He said I could take it until the cows came home and it would not matter. Taking Imuran seems to have stabilized most readings, I just still can't quite understand why the roller coaster. I guess it just is what it is.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.