Author Topic: A bit worried  (Read 409 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
A bit worried
« on: November 08, 2019, 04:06:40 PM »
Today I went for my 6 month visit to my Rheumatologist. I showed him the ulcer on the side of my tongue. He wants me to see an oral surgeon to have a biopsy done to make sure it's not cancer. He said it's common with Lupus and other Autoimmune disorders to have mouth ulcers, but they are usually gone before 2 months which is how long mine has lasted.

He did some blood work, and told me to come back in 3 months unless I get to feeling much better, then in that case 4 or 5 months. During flares I have had ulcers, but not this long without leaving. I ask him if he would call me in some miracle mouth wash, and he said he would, but didn't think it would do me any good. I guess I felt uncertainty in his voice. Maybe it's just me, because I didn't sleep well last  night, but do look forward to it tonight.

I could use some prayers if anyone has some to spare.
Hugs to all,
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Maria3667

• Cultivating a 'dry' sense of humor.
Re: A bit worried
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 05:09:24 PM »
Hi Susan,

Feeling for you! I often get ulcers too. My best treatment so far is to suck on a zinc lozenge (also containing vit. C) so it will be absorbed by the mucous membrane in the mouth. Another cheap option is to leave toothbrush overnight in a cup with water & 1 or 2 drops of tee trea oil.

Hope the biopsy comes back negative.

You're in my prayers!
God bless!
51. DES-daughter ('67), Lyme's ('98), GAD ('98), Sjogren's ('02), hypothyroid ('04), endometriosis ('14), osteoarthritis ('16), blepharitis ('18), frozen shoulder ('19). Meds: pilocarpine, thyroid meds, 25mg quetiapine, 10% testosterone. Allergies: nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

susanep

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 07:48:52 PM »
Thank you Maria,
I have always had various mouth ulcers too. Usually no later than a month, but more like 2 weeks they would go away. This one may have been here up to 3 months I can't remember exactly with all that went on when I broke my wrist. I did ask for some miracle mouth wash so he is calling that in, but he said he didn't think it would help.

I have got to get some zinc, because I also think it works for things especially as cold with flu start going around.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

SjoGirl

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 11:43:48 AM »
Oh, this would be concerning, you will be in my thoughts!
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

susanep

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 02:11:59 PM »
Thank you SjoGirl. :)
susanep

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 12:50:33 PM »
Praying for healing for you AND a negative biopsy!

Kathy
Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 01:37:57 PM »
Hope you get into the oral surgeon as soon as possible. Will be thinking and praying for you. Irish

susanep

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 03:06:10 PM »
Thank you Kathy and you Irish.

I first have checked in the county I live in, but I couldn't find any listing here. So Tuesday I will be going to the clinic nearby and the lady there will check me, and then go from there. When I called them they said I couldn't get the referral until I seen her.

My Rheumy had also called in a liquid for me to use on the ulcer in the mean time, but our pharmacy said they had never heard of it. They said they had to look it up on google to see what it said. That sure did surprise me. They ask me what it was for. They didn't even attempt to order it. I must live further out in the woods than I thought.  :-\

I will let you know.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 10:17:50 PM »
That is kind of funny, Susan when the pharm. says they had to google it. I would bet that drs google things all the time. Doesn't mean that everything is always right on google, but it is amazing all the info there is stashed away deep in these pages. Good luck. Irish

bloodless

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 12:24:00 PM »
Ouch! Ulcer in your mouth that long has got to be truly annoying. I've only got sores on my skin. They took many months to heal. They had to be biopsied also. Try not to worry. (I know easy to say). Wait til you have something to worry about. Most of the time what you worry about never comes about. Drs have to be cautious and check every possibility. Having said that, I'll pray for a good outcome for you.
I miss the good old days. Things were more like they used to be back then.

Sjogrens, Lupus, Fibro, GERD

susanep

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 01:20:24 AM »
Thank you bloodless. That is very encouraging. You are right about not worrying before I have something to worry about.