Author Topic: My Blood Work  (Read 280 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
My Blood Work
« on: November 15, 2019, 06:20:58 PM »
I hadn't heard from the Rheumy's office on the blood work the day I was there so I called. They said the lupus test this time showed negative. That is the first time it has showed that in the 8 years I have been treated for it.

The one last year showed even worse for it, so this surprised me, but the nurse said he wants me to stay on the same meds and he is treating me more for the Sjogrens and Skin Lupus instead of the Systemic type, but she said next year when he takes the blood test again it might revert back to the Systemic again. That one is the one where he tests for the DNA-double strand. My sed rate showed ok.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

SjoGirl

Re: My Blood Work
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 05:02:24 PM »
Congratulations!
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 09:55:34 PM »
You have a smart doctor. He knows the negative test is nice to have, but he knows that it is fickle and will probably show up again as most autoimmune diseases do. He is also smart to leave you on your meds because as so many of us have3 found out having negative blood work doesn't stop the symptoms of the lupus. So gland things are pretty stable for you. Maybe the aching will let up some for you. Good luck. Irish

susanep

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 02:38:15 AM »
SjoGirl, thank you! I smiled when I got your congratulations.  :)

Irish, thank you too for your comment. I think he did the right thing too. The only thing I know of that I have been taking that is different is the over the counter CoQ10 and the Niacin. (You're a good friend.) :)

I read an article the other day that was from like new research about plaquenil. They said that with it for most people it would lengthen their life. We still of course need our eyes checked.

susanep
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 02:43:02 AM by susanep »
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 04:49:01 PM »
The secret to this dilemma is how long do we want to live.....living longer if still doing what is ok with you but if it makes us live waaaay too long that is another story. ???Take care Susan.....Irish

susanep

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 01:35:06 AM »
Irish, yes I don't think I would want to live beyond certain things that are acceptable to me.

Last night I suddenly bottomed out in energy to even do anything. I did not want to eat any dinner, and wasn't sleepy, but my eyelids were going down, so Iater took my temp, because I couldn't get warm. It was 96.8. I don't know what was going on.

Take care dear irish

susanep