Author Topic: Electrical storm in my hands - weird!  (Read 246 times)

SjoGirl

Electrical storm in my hands - weird!
« on: November 07, 2019, 11:27:13 AM »
Have any of you ever felt like you were having a mini-electrical storm in your hands?

After returning from a recent trip while at the grocery store I kept having pinpoint nerve pains shoot into my fingers. As soon as I would grip the cart handle one would come, about five or ten seconds would pass then there was another. Some were light some felt like I was being shocked after touching a socket.

I kept picking my hands off the cart but the shocks would still come. I also had a few in my feet, but not as many and they weren't as strong.

Hasn't happened since.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Electrical storm in my hands - weird!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 05:12:31 PM »
I have that on occasion in my hands. I have chronic neuropathy in my hands that can really get to me at times...like many times a day. However I do get the ones that feel like arrows shooting through my hands and down my fingers. Also, at times, I will get the big ones that go down from my upper arm and shoulder down through my arm and into my hand and fingers.

Those nerves in the hands and arms are so weird and can change the way they act so fast. Good luck. Irish

Sharon

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 08:25:49 AM »
Yes, it's neuropathy as irish has stated.
I used to get crazy electric shock sensations travelling throughout my body, even in my head.
Orencia alleviated that symtpom for me.
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

SjoGirl

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 09:50:41 AM »
Sharon,

Thanks. I didn't think neuropathy could do that. I assumed nerve involvement but not neuropathy per se.

I've decided not to contact my neurologist because it hasn't happened again. Also, I'm waiting to hear from my orthopedist about my left ring finger. It's been bad for weeks, months really, but today I lost the feeling in the tip and it was white as a ghost!

If it's not one thing it's another.

Thanks again.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 12:39:49 PM »
Some of my neuropath is left over from damage from carpal tunnel and the rest of the neuro stuff is spinal cord damage that occurred prior to my spinal fusion. Neither of this damage will leave per my neurosurgeon. I have to tell you that about 6=8 months ago I had white fingers on my right hand and it was also painful. I had to keep my hand warm all the time and also I think keeping it elevated helped some also.

My hands bother me so much off and on and the pain goes above the wrist. I had tried different things to "fix" this and finally thought I would try wearing vinyl gloves from Walmart. This works. I have to wear them dugong the day some and always wear them at night. I stuff some kleenex under the glove on the top of my hands as this area will itch and the kleenex helps solve that issue.

My doctor said that these gloves work because they compress the area that gives problems. This makes sense to me plus I think the gloves keep the tips of my fingers warm. I looked on internet and found that there are compression gloves that one can buy that are some kind of cloth. People with r. arthritis use these a lot. They are a little spend plus I would have to wash them out frequently. So far I just choose to use the vinyl. I should buy the vinyl to wear when I am out and about.

I have learned that neuro problems can really do interesting things. Hope you feel better. Irish

SjoGirl

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 01:31:26 PM »
So I figured this out. It was not my nerves, it's something about the grocery cart that is causing static electricity to form. I am literally being shocked, which I discovered yesterday when I returned to the same grocery store.

Still weird!