Author Topic: Low B12  (Read 749 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Re: Low B12
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 09:49:47 PM »
irish Thank you,
I do doubt the lady I see would write a prescription for me, so I keep for now taking the tablets.
I will be seeing my Rheumy the 30th of this month. I am glad.
How are you irish?
Luv ya girl!
susanep  :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 03:02:44 AM »
I haven't seen a mention in his thread of sublingual B12. For those with stomach issues, it may be preferable to injections and seems to provide the same results as oral, but slower results than injectable.

My daughter was taking the injections, not happily I might add because she has a phobia of needles, because the pills made her sick. When she relocated back home, and had to wait 3 months before her interprovincial healthcare was cleared for non-emergent things, I suggested the subling, and she started taking it, with an almost immediate response in her anxiety levels, which was her primary complaint. As it turned out, while the injections may have been helping her level, the anxiety about the injections themselves, and the added stress of moving and being without them for 2 months, were cancelling out any positive effect. 8 years down the road, she's still taking the subling, her levels are normal, and she's much happier!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Skylar

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 03:56:43 AM »
I haven't seen a mention in his thread of sublingual B12. For those with stomach issues, it may be preferable to injections and seems to provide the same results as oral, but slower results than injectable.

My daughter was taking the injections, not happily I might add because she has a phobia of needles, because the pills made her sick. When she relocated back home, and had to wait 3 months before her interprovincial healthcare was cleared for non-emergent things, I suggested the subling, and she started taking it, with an almost immediate response in her anxiety levels, which was her primary complaint. As it turned out, while the injections may have been helping her level, the anxiety about the injections themselves, and the added stress of moving and being without them for 2 months, were cancelling out any positive effect. 8 years down the road, she's still taking the subling, her levels are normal, and she's much happier!
Linda I forgot to mention I take my Kirkland brand methycobalamine sublingually, allowing it time to slowly dissolve and get absorbed under the tongue.

When I have low B12, I develop a horrible anxiety, just out of control anxiety and as soon as I get my B12 levels back up it disappears and I return to a normal level of anxiety. Lack of B12 affects the brain. I wouldn?t be surprised if it was affecting your daughter?s anxiety level as well.

susanep

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2019, 09:41:13 AM »
I take my b12 using the sublingual pills. I just thought I would absorb them better.
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 07:42:17 PM »
Thanks for the interesting info on the sublingual b12. Irish

Scientist8

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2019, 08:21:39 AM »
Sublingual (under the tongue) B12 liquid works well, even in those who aren't absorbing B12 well in their GI system.
When my B12 was low, I had terrible anxiety, shakiness, pounding heartbeat. It was a bad experience that was fixed very quickly with B12 liquid or liquid B vitamin complex.

susanep

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2019, 12:40:30 PM »
More good info.
Thank you.
susanep