Author Topic: Could new HPV-jab benefit us?  (Read 228 times)

Maria3667

• Cultivating a 'dry' sense of humor.
Could new HPV-jab benefit us?
« on: October 01, 2019, 02:55:55 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been off the grid for a while and I guess that's a good thing because it means Sjogren's symptoms have been stable :)

In my country in Europe a national HPV-inoculation program for girls was commenced a while ago. But there's a big buzz about boys - and maybe the whole population in general - being inoculated too because of the benefits. The medical community claims the jab will prevent certain types of cancer, like cervix, colon and several others.

It's been known for some time that HPV, which is prevalent in approximately 80% of the population, is involved in these types of cancer.

Now I'm wondering if this jab would be useful for us too? As we're often 'blessed' with mouth sores and such due to Sjogren's.

Penny for your thoughts, please?

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 06:00:17 AM by Maria3667 »
51. DES-daughter ('67), Lyme's ('98), GAD ('98), Sjogren's ('03), hypothyroid ('04), endometriosis ('14), osteoarthritis ('16), blepharitis ('18), frozen shoulder ('19). Meds: pilocarpine, T3&T4, 25mg quetiapine, low dose testosterone & progesterone. Allergies: nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
Re: Could new HPV-jab benefit us?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 02:37:46 PM »
Maria,

I don?t know the answer to your questions but I bet it wouldn?t hurt any of us to get the HPV vaccine.  You bring up good questions.

Now, we just need to find a doc who would order it for us.  I was under the impression that they are really targeting teens for this immunization.  I?m way past that😂😉

Kathy
Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

jazzlover

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 07:19:28 PM »
HOW WOULD IT HELP AN AUTO-IMMUNE PATIENT?????????

NO WAY I would risk that!!

I avoid avoid avoid vaccines. Have you not heard of the deaths and the ruined lives from the HPV vaccines in the USA?
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 07:34:58 PM »
Jazzlover,

According to the FDA there have been 32 deaths after receiving the guardasil vaccine but they were from multiple causes and none were attributed to the vaccine.

I just received the two part new shingles vaccine and I?m glad I did.  I?ve also just received my flu vaccine which I obtain every year.  There are lots of stories on the internet that are not real.  I would respectfully ask you to consider the sources of this information regarding the HPV vaccine.

As a former school nurse, I am very pro vaccine.  Vaccines save lives and help prevent illness. 

I don?t want to argue with you and I?m okay if you don?t believe me.  It?s okay.

Kathy
Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

rnathans

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 08:34:06 PM »
I second Kathy57. Vaccines are very important and safe. In addition  those of us with chronic illness cannot afford to get  diseases that we can prevent. More people by far die from flu and other diseases for which there are vaccines ( because they refuse vaccination)than suffer ill effects from the vaccine.

jazzlover

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 04:08:38 PM »
I KNOW those who have suffered damage from the above mentioned vaccines.

Caution is all I am asking.

I still want to know how this vaccine would help anyone with an auto-immune condition.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

jazzlover

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 06:55:19 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 08:57:26 PM by jazzlover »

Maria3667

• Cultivating a 'dry' sense of humor.
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 07:44:28 AM »
Hi Jazz,

I'm hoping the jab will stop painful mouth sores which I'm bothered by quite frequently. The sores could be triggered by HPV which is highly prevalent in the general population.

I also have other personal potential gains as I'm predisposed to colon cancer; in January I had a dozen polyps removed (and last year I lost one of my brothers to this disease).

I'm not suggesting it will prevent or cure an AI-disease like Sjogren's, but it might ease the symptoms and for certain people the benefits may outweigh the risks.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion and to tread cautiously is always wise.
51. DES-daughter ('67), Lyme's ('98), GAD ('98), Sjogren's ('03), hypothyroid ('04), endometriosis ('14), osteoarthritis ('16), blepharitis ('18), frozen shoulder ('19). Meds: pilocarpine, T3&T4, 25mg quetiapine, low dose testosterone & progesterone. Allergies: nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

jazzlover

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 10:17:15 AM »
I understand .. my thought is that vaccines prevent .. NOT treat.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 06:56:12 PM »
I understand the whole reason for getting this vaccine and I think of my teen age grandkids regarding this...who have had the vaccine.

Now, the problems that could occur in people who have autoimmune diseases is very complicated and would need the input for ech patient on an individual basis. I would want to have the input of an immunologist who knows a heck of a lot about the herpes virus in regards to many diseases.

I am not saying that family docs don't know about the vaccine, but they and many other docs don't know all the details regarding these vaccines related to autoimmune disease. So much more complicated than any of us realize. Irish