Author Topic: Brainspotting???????  (Read 177 times)

Confused

Brainspotting???????
« on: September 10, 2019, 03:23:11 PM »
Anyone heard of something called Brainspotting.  I need help as I have a doctor who thinks this is might good for me.  As far as I can tell this gem was started and is being taught by a psychologist to other psychologists.

rockymountainbrainspottinginstitute.com  is supposed to be the website.  I know there are other places that supposedly use do this. Peer review studies. 

Scam?  I have never heard of this.

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Brainspotting???????
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 09:33:37 PM »
I looked it up online and found some info. If a person has a trauma or some highly stressful event from years ago that keeps interfering with ones life this is a new treatment. Supposed to be very in depth.

Mentioned was car accident years ago with resultant anxiety when driving or in traffic., etc. It was invented in 2003 so it is not very old. I am guessing from the looks of the info that there are not many places that offer it.

If yoyo are considering it I would search the doctor or institute really well. I would also call your insurance company and check out if it is approved and what facilities they will approve and pay. Could be hard as this hasn't been out very long. I would think they could have found a better name cause brain spotting does sound like it could be a scam. Irish