Author Topic: Pepcid v. Zantac - Which has proven most helpful?  (Read 552 times)

SjoGirl

Re: Pepcid v. Zantac - Which has proven most helpful?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 11:04:22 AM »
Yes, it is all amazing. Even more so is the fact that I don't have to take something every day. So far I using something every other day.

This is after about 11-12 years of suffering. I am going to credit Imuran for potentially having put my immune issues into remission. The credit for that also goes to my former rheumatologist who prescribed that drug after Plaquenil and Mexotrathate did real numbers on me.

Now my biggest issue is my osteoarthritis. That said even that is not as bad most days (of course it's summer, when the cold weather comes that will change).

So grateful!
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 09:40:15 PM »
I find that almond milk is great on my cereal and doesn't both my stomach. I started using this cause of the high calcium and low calories, etc and found that I really like it. I drink the low calorie, unsweetened, vanilla flavored and it is really so nutritious. Irish

SjoGirl

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2019, 01:36:52 PM »
Hi all, Yes it is amazing. I'm also realizing that there are still limits and a need to take Pepcid regularly. This weekend my sour stomach returned and I can feel the acid coming back a bit. Hopefully an ounce of prevention will result in a pound of cure.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2019, 11:22:30 PM »
I have taken a lot of different meds for my reflux. The Pepcid was one I took for a long time and it just didn't seem to work all that well. I finally bought the Zantac or Rantidine and tried that and it works so much better for me. WE are all different and have to find what works. Irish

jazzlover

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2019, 01:32:17 PM »
Zantac is now being removed from the market .. the latest I've heard.

I never could take that one. I do well on Pepcid.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2019, 08:53:32 PM »
hey are testing all these drug ingredients and before you know it we will lose a whole bunch of drugs. Zantac was found to have a tiny bit of cancer causing something or other in it. I heard a college lecture for the public about 30 years ago and he basically said that everything we eat and all the pills we take have something that will cause something or other. Relax he said cause the testing is done and we can't get rid of all the items that cause cancer.

Case in point: he said that apricots or peaches ( I forget which right now) had a pit that carried cyanide. The soft flesh of the fruit is right next to the pit.....I am waiting for the scientists to take that off the market. This professor said that nature makes a lot of products that in large amounts are dangerous but in smaller amounts are not. We have to use our head.

Sometimes I think that the academia get so wound up trying to save their jobs. Stop and think about the drugs taken off for a tiny amount of cancer causing product that many say is safe. Does their saying its dangerous help some other drug company. Just some thoughts. Irish