Author Topic: Navage Device: Has anyone tried it?  (Read 449 times)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Navage Device: Has anyone tried it?
« on: August 01, 2019, 09:16:49 AM »
I just saw the Navage Device advertised.  It is for rinsing your sinuses with salt water.

Anyone?

Regards, Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Navage Device: Has anyone tried it?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 02:34:35 PM »
 haven't used it but I have been irrigating for over 20 years with several different types of bottles,etc. I thought it looked like a good thing, but I have one question that I thought would be nice to get answered.

When it squirts straight back in the nasal cavity I am wondering if it might squirt too hard and too far back. Each one of us has a different sized nasal passage and just wonder if too much pressure and squirting too far back could cause issues. I know that irrigating works well but you can't squeeze overly hard or you feel like you could drown. Maybe someone knows the answer. Irish

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 09:04:12 PM »
Elaine and Irish,

I have not tried the new irrigation, system, but I use a Neti pot twice per day and sometimes three times per day if I get too dry.  I use a steroid rinse - Budesonide - once or twice daily as needed, with my irrigation depending on how inflamed I am at the time.

The steroid med has really helped and has helped me to cut way back in my asthma meds!  I have to be careful and rinse well after I use it.  I haven?t felt the need to try the new irrigation tool because the old ones work so well for me.  Also, I have to be very careful because I have multiple nasal septal perforations and a pretty weak nasal septum.

The doctor has warned me to be very gentle and to not ?force? anything but to gently let gravity do it?s part. 
It?s amazing everything we do daily just to try and stay comfortable and functioning! 

My husband and I have just returned from MD Anderson for his cancer check up.  His PET scan showed an increase in the area of his previous cancer and a new nodule just above the old cancer.  The good news is that there was  no new lymph node involvement and nothing that they could find anywhere else!  I was happy about that. 

Now we have to go back for a biopsy of the suspicious areas and he will go back on hormone treatment.  After she gets the biopsy results she is going to present my husbands case to a panel of doctors and they will discuss together what treatments may be of help.

She didn?t think surgery would be an option because of the area it is in, but she wants to get the surgeons input.  He will probably have to go back on oral chemo therapy. 

I will keep you posted. 

Kathy
Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 09:19:53 PM »
Thanks for in the info on your hubby. Very good that nodes aren't involved. Will pray all goes well with the therapy.

Good description of the neti pot and your treatments. I have used the steroid off and on also. Right now I am using Muropirocin antibiotic and I use the squirt bottle that comes with the saline packets. And you are right,  the nasal tissues can't take a harsh irrigation. Good luck. Irish

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 02:29:07 AM »
My wife and her twin love it.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

helloz

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 11:39:20 AM »
I have to do a sinus rinse daily and probably been doing that for 5 years.  I use Neilmed and don't have any complaints.  I also add mix Nasacort in it sometimes.  I previously had a prescription to budesonide but then it seemed like a few drops of nasacort was as effective for me.