Author Topic: Salipen  (Read 455 times)

kathyokc

Salipen
« on: July 27, 2019, 02:04:18 PM »

I have Sjogrens and have been using my Salipen 5 times a day 5 minutes per session since the last of June 2019: first thing in the morning, just before bed and 3 times in between. Prior to this I used 1-2 Xylimelts at night, cevmeline 30 mg. 2x daily, and c-nystatin/dexameth 4x a day for my dry mouth. During my 3rd week of using the Salipen I starting not using the night Xylimelts. My hope is that eventually I can discontinue all dry mouth medications. Please feel free to ask me any questions you have about my use of the Salipen.

Liz D.

Re: Salipen
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 09:50:04 AM »
Can you adjust the things that go in your mouth to adjust to your mouth size?  I have an extremely small mouth and when i go to the dentist, he needs to use pediatric tools on me.

Are you in the States?  I see online that this device is made in Australia.  A little too pricey ????

Liz D.
55 year old female
Sjogrens Syndrome (diagnosed 2004), Hypothryoidism, Asthma, Osteoporosis
Meds:  Plaquenil 400 mg; Synthroid 100mcg; Evoxac, Flovent, Flonase, Protonix 40 mg.,  Prozac 40 mg. Naproxen 500 mg., Hormone Replacement Therapy, vitamins, calcium, flaxseed, biotin

helloz

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 11:48:38 AM »
Interesting - I had not heard about Salipen.  I've preordered a different device called ClearUP that also uses electrostimulation for sinus improvement.  Supposed to be available in October.

sixty

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 06:15:34 PM »
What are the results supposed to be?  Does it cure the dry mouth so you don't have to use it after time, or is it something you have to use forever, but it improves the dry mouth.