Author Topic: Achenbach's Syndrome  (Read 137 times)

Nancy1950

Achenbach's Syndrome
« on: July 04, 2019, 03:56:21 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just found out I have something called Achenbach's Syndrome, which is characterized by spontaneous rupture of the capillaries in the fingers or palm of the hands. It feels and looks like a sudden bruise and can be caused by something as simple as turning a doorknob, or by nothing at all! I've had this all my life and never knew what it was.

Apparently, there's not much info on it, but one site said people with it seem to have more autoimmune diseases. I am wondering if this is another issue connected to my Sjogren's. It is considered benign and somewhat rare.

Anyone else ever heard of this or experienced it?

bluegardenia

Re: Achenbach's Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 04:05:44 PM »
yes sometimes it happens to me but I heard also some friends having the same and did not ask any info to my docs. may be it does not happens as often as it happens to you. has it  any consequence around the body??? I mean the capillaries  break just on hands or it can take to the rupture also in other parts of the body??? I have enough of this autoimmune disease!!!!!
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 05:10:38 AM »
It is always something!  And then it's Achenbach's Syndrome!

Who knew.

Something I've missed, (so far).

It's always good to have a 'name' for what's going on, and fellow sufferers, if nothing else.

Regards, Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

Skylar

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 06:43:35 AM »
I?ve had spontaneous bruising in my hands since I was a teenager and never knew there was a name for it. I always assumed it had something to do with my Raynaud's.

Sometimes it?s annoying and temporarily tender but it?s never been a real problem. Is yours causing you problems?

I googled and the medical journal articles all mentioned it was rare. I?ve never mentioned this to any of my doctors and I suspect many patients don?t mention it to theirs either so perhaps it?s not so rare? The articles all mentioned it?s completely benign so there?s nothing to worry about.