Author Topic: Canadian researchers find connection between gut microbes and fibromyalgia  (Read 316 times)

SjoGirl

Found this on the AARDA FB page today:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/canadian-researchers-find-link-between-gut-bacteria-and-fibromyalgia-1.4473914?fbclid=IwAR38OSwPdd6UAuePb9iuheUHI7qfDKMIfIWohdPsu2pfZ8AcEDPDBLqwrNU

I swear that part of what contributed to my issues was a terrible case of norovirus which I had years ago. Surely that screwed my gut up!
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Deb 27

Yes, SjoGirl, all my auto immune problems started after a very bad bout of colitis. Maybe it would have happened anyway..... I also feel like it was from bad bacteria or an imbalance in my gut. It's hard to know how to correct it though. I always ate yogurt as a part of my daily routine, so that didn't help. Some probiotic strains seem to be better than others. Maybe one day they will figure it all out.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

Sharon

Interesting read. I believe this to be a marker of many AI illnesses.
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....