Author Topic: Predicting fracture risk in SJS and other AIs a new study  (Read 244 times)

SjoGirl

Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Predicting fracture risk in SJS and other AIs a new study
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 01:34:46 PM »
The risk of fractures is really a problem that we all worry about. Between my hubby and I (we were both on prednisone and were autoimmune patients) it was always in the back of our mind. Did the IV meds to help our bones, etc.

Then hubbies doctor gave us a talk about fractures. He said hubby was really high risk but he was doing all the things that one was supposed to. The bottom line, he felt that a lot of it was luck. He said he as watched patients for years who had bad bones and some of them could bounce off cement and be ok and others could have a slight, incidental fall and really wreck a hip, arm or leg. He said there is no way to predict these things. Just do what you need todo.

That was interesting to me and we both relaxed a little bit knowing that what will be will be. Usually the doctors make you almost feel guilty. Good luck. Irish

SjoGirl

Re: Predicting fracture risk in SJS and other AIs a new study
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 05:10:59 PM »
Irish, yes, sometimes it is just luck. I for one sometimes tire of being so careful about everything. How nice that you were able to relax a bit after talking with your doc. Hope you are continuing to enjoy your retirement community.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.