Author Topic: Novaliq Therapeutics for Dry Eye Disease  (Read 305 times)

markt

Novaliq Therapeutics for Dry Eye Disease
« on: July 15, 2019, 03:41:40 PM »
Anyone familiar with the trials and products described here:

https://www.novaliq.com

My Opthalmagist mentioned pursuing one of these, as the are approved outside the US, where currently being trialed.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 04:46:51 AM by markt »

Sharon

Re: Novaliq Therapeutics for Dry Eye Disease
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 05:35:12 PM »
I have heard of Cyclosporin A 0.1%- same active ingredient as in Restasis but double the concentration.
How would either drop mentioned be currently available even overseas if they are still being trialed?
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

markt

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 04:54:16 AM »
From their website:

NovaTears improves the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease (DED) and is marketed under CE approval in Australia/New Zealand by AFT Pharmaceuticals and in Europe as EvoTears by Ursapharm. Two drugs are in the late stage of clinical development with results expected in Q4 2018:

CyclASol, an anti-inflammatory and immunomodulating drug for the treatment of DED with a demonstrated early onset of action and excellent tolerability, is being evaluated in the pivotal phase 2b/3 ESSENCE trial.

NOV03, the first drug addressing evaporative DED associated with meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD), is being evaluated in the phase 2 SEECASE trial.

The trials in the US are only so that it can be FDA approved / licensed for use in our healthcare market.

Sharon

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 05:03:14 PM »
I believe both of these drops are worth a try, though it's strange: if they really were that effective and available I would expect to be hearing about them in dry eye groups and forums if not in Sjogren's groups.
According to this site Evotears were approved in 2013:
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151001005101/en/URSAPHARM-GmbH-Novaliq-GmbH-Announce-European-Partnership
"EvoTears has been classified as a class II medical device and received CE mark approval in Europe in July 2013."

Would you be able to import them if they are not yet approved in the US?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 05:11:10 PM by Sharon »
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...