Author Topic: Dry eye glasses  (Read 103 times)

Sharon

Dry eye glasses
« on: May 15, 2019, 12:02:25 PM »
Has anyone here tried the newer and more discreet brands of dry eye glasses such as Zienna?
I would like to know if these brands look "normal" on those who wear them
or are rather "obvious" and look strange.
THANKS!  :)
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

Skylar

Re: Dry eye glasses
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 07:22:57 PM »
I found one review on line which brought up an important problem. The glasses are heavy because of the addition of silicone which means the frames have to fit extremely well across the bridge.

.drwetperth.com/review-ziena-nereus-moisture-chamber-glasses/

Sharon

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 04:09:53 PM »
Thank you Skyar, that review was very helpful! :)
I have read there are adjustable pads around the nose in the model I'm looking at that may help with fit around the bridge. I will have to order online and can't try on before so fit is important. Thankfully they now have a new model for more narrow faces and the measurements they gave me sound like it may work.

I think I will go ahead and order them. I need some relief already!
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

janny

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 06:20:16 AM »
Sharon, no, I have not tried the "Ziennas" yet. I do use the prescription ones the same company made for me in the more "goggely" style. I only wear them at home in the evening, but can attest to the fact that they are a true lifesaver sometimes in the evenings or when I'm home alone. Also, I do wear them in front of good friends and family and they tell me they are so used to seeing me this way, they think nothing of it.  As much as I love my "goggles", I have to admit to a healthy dose of being vain--so much so that I would never wear them in public (I'm 59 now, maybe I will when I'm 80 lol!). I would definitely try the "Ziennas" though. If you do, please let us all know how they look and feel for you!