Author Topic: Night sweats, low body temperature, feel cold all the time, please help  (Read 505 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Carebear - how are you these days?  Thinking of you!

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Carebear

Thanks, Bucky.  It's the craziest thing.   After two weeks of night sweats and diarrhea, it stopped abruptly.  I still feel cold and have a low body temperature,  but that's all.

Now the crazier part.  It fells like my body has somehow been "reset".  I feel more energetic than I have in many,  many years. I can't explain it but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

As for my doctor,  she did run lots of bloodwork and my TSH (thyroid) is plummeting again,  without a change in my synthroid dose for a few months.  I think it is 0.2 now.  6 weeks earlier it was 1.20, and 2 months before that it was 1.65.  It's been running below 0.3 for much of the last year regardless of how low my synthroid dose went.  I'm taking 75 mcg right now.  The lowest I've ever taken.

On my last visit we talked about the possibility of my thyroid "working " on it's own 24 years after radioactive iodine treatment.   She has seen it happen before.   I don't know where that leaves me.   I see her again in a few days to discuss my results.

The only other test that was out of range was my ALP (Alkaline Phosphatase), which was high.  This may also be pointing to hyperthyroidism.  My white blood cells are low,  but they always are.

Hopefully I will have a game plan very soon.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis