Author Topic: Interesting article about probiotics and brain fog !!!  (Read 359 times)

Deb 27

Interesting article about probiotics and brain fog !!!
« on: April 26, 2019, 06:38:56 AM »
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201809/when-probiotics-make-you-worse

I take a strong probiotic called VSL #3 but I swear sometimes after I take it, I have some allergy issues, like sneezing and congestion. I looked it up and came upon this article. Something to think about.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

Sharon

Re: Interesting article about probiotics and brain fog !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 04:53:27 PM »
Wow...I always felt bad after taking probiotics and was just told to try other brands,
but they all seemed to affect me negatively.
 Important article!
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

Skylar

Re: Interesting article about probiotics and brain fog !!!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 06:55:43 PM »
That's interesting. I'm glad you posted.

I don't take supplements - except B12 which I need because I run low. I get tested annually for B12.

I don't take other supplements because they aren't adequately tested and not well regulated unlike drugs. I would take probiotics if I was on antibiotics for an extended time - but I would prefer to eat sauerkraut, Kimchi, dill pickles etc. I think eating a wide variety food with probiotics is probably a safer route than taking a pill with a concentrated dose.