Author Topic: Ear wax  (Read 533 times)

sixty

Ear wax
« on: April 23, 2019, 07:49:17 PM »
My ears often feel somewhat clogged when I wake up every morning.  I feel like I have to pop my ears because I don't hear as well.  I think it's the lack of moisture affecting the wax which doesn't move as easily because there's not as much moisture, if that makes any sense.  Anyone else experience this?

helloz

Re: Ear wax
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 08:30:29 AM »
Ya i've had issues with buildup of wax as well.  Interesting theory about it being related to lack of moisture production, makes sense.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 09:57:33 PM »
It absolutely is related to lack of moisture. I have an excellent ENT who takes great interest in my Sjogrens. I have haunted him for many years.lol When I see him he usually ends up taking out wax. I have had wax removed by him that was hard enough to form to the inside of the ear. Almost like a mold for an Easter egg.

I have such itchy ears at times and also have soreness on the inside of my ears that I think is from the lack of moisture. My ears always feel better when doc gives me some drops to put in occasionally that moisten and treat inflammation or the soreness. Irish

sixty

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 11:27:50 PM »
That's nice to know Irish.  Thanks for replying and sharing your experience.  I will remember to visit an ENT in the future if my comfort and hearing are affected much more.

Jenny

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 04:35:32 AM »
I forget the Name of it, but there is a liquid at the drug store that you put in your ear to ?melt? the wax. I use it every now and then and it works.
63 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

Liz D.

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 06:00:19 AM »
I think that drug store liquid drops for your ears is called Debrox.
55 year old female
Sjogrens Syndrome (diagnosed 2004), Hypothryoidism, Asthma, Osteoporosis
Meds:  Plaquenil 400 mg; Synthroid 100mcg; Evoxac, Flovent, Flonase, Protonix 40 mg.,  Prozac 40 mg. Naproxen 500 mg., Hormone Replacement Therapy, vitamins, calcium, flaxseed, biotin