Author Topic: Sjögren's Syndrome, Myositis and the DMV  (Read 154 times)

vrystaat

Sjögren's Syndrome, Myositis and the DMV
« on: April 10, 2019, 05:30:02 PM »
Last week, I was called to take a "Re-examinatrion Hearing". On the West Coast this complaint can be from a doctor, relative, police, neighbor, and it's all anonymous.
In this State of CA, this is not in the Court System, and you are examined my a DMV Employee. The State seems to be targeting elderly people and those like us, who have numerous health
problems.

This is extremely scary because I think many of us have some driving challenges. The DMV wants many of us off the road, and frequently suspend your Driving License.
This aggressive and unconstitutional approach makes me lose faith in my country.
Has anyone been challenged like this?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 08:18:55 AM by vrystaat »
Sjogrens;Polymyositis;Polyneuropathy;Gastritis;GERD, Autonomic Neuropathy, Neurological complications, Trigeminal Neuralgia,Gamma 3 globulin low;Multiple infections;Brain fog; Ocular problems - blepharitis, scleritiis, dry eye,severe eye pain. Possible Inclusion body Myositis.Currently Endstage

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Sjögren's Syndrome, Myositis and the DMV
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 06:14:07 PM »
That is sure scary. Is there any group or organization that you can check out the legality of some of these actions. We sure have to pay attention to whats going on these days as things are so complicated. Irish

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 08:25:15 PM »
In MN this year I had to retake my vision test because of an error on my form from the VA to the state about my diabetes. Very frustrating. Lots of running to and from without being allowed to drive. I did get my license re-instated. Argh!. (By the way, I have not driven more than a couple of times around the block for the last 2 years while trying to strengthen my right ankle/foot.)
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

SjoGirl

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 12:54:15 PM »
You might consider reaching out to AARP to see if they have information about this or might even be fighting this on behalf of their members. They do a great deal of advocacy particularly with regard to causes that affect seniors (and some younger folks who have senior-like illnesses benefit).
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Skylar

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 07:19:20 PM »
That is scary. OTOH there are people out there driving who are unsafe and need to be removed from the roads. The question is how to do this fairly so the people who truly are unsafe are denied the right while others are allowed to drive, or perhaps have some reasonable limits such as if you don't see well at night maybe you shouldn't be allowed to drive at night.

A few years ago to get a discount on our car insurance, DH and I took a 4 hour course at our local AAA. In the class was an elderly man who mostly snored through the class. He clearly wasn't well and clearly couldn't concentrate for very long. He was there taking the course to get a discount on his insurance too. People were commenting to the instructors about his behavior and why didn't they do something to get him off the road. We were told that the police knew about him and his family wanted him to stop driving but there was nothing they could do - until he has an accident. Once he is involve in an accident, then authorities could intercede and require retesting.

I have a friend who's husband has Alzheimer's who wants to drive. The son took his truck away a few years ago, after he had several small accidents. My friend has to hide the car keys. This is a man who sadly can't remember his children and gets lost in his house - but he wants to drive a car.

I hope you have no problem and got your license renewed.

vrystaat

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 08:41:45 PM »
I am attempting to challenge the DMV and go straight to State Court.
You cannot face your accuser, who may be a hostile, or be an unhappy soul who takes pleasure in hurting people. It is very important to get witnesses to attest that you are still able to drive safely.
Also my examining Physician told me that he gets a lot of these types of cases.
Why a State DMV Department is allowed to assume guilt until proven otherwise, is unconstitutional.
This State has become extremely aggressive, and is exceeding it's mandate. To have a lay DMV employee act as prosecutor, judge & jury, makes me want to live in
a more peaceful country, like Canada or the UK.
As usual, local attorneys who want to take the case are hard to find. I think our country is out of control.
Sjogrens;Polymyositis;Polyneuropathy;Gastritis;GERD, Autonomic Neuropathy, Neurological complications, Trigeminal Neuralgia,Gamma 3 globulin low;Multiple infections;Brain fog; Ocular problems - blepharitis, scleritiis, dry eye,severe eye pain. Possible Inclusion body Myositis.Currently Endstage