Author Topic: My Vacation  (Read 746 times)

lighthouse33

My Vacation
« on: April 06, 2019, 03:29:37 PM »
I just returned Wednesday, April 4, from a vacation to Cancun, Mexico. It was wonderful!  Very relaxing and time away from what has been stressing me at home.

In my wildest dreams I never would have thought I would do what I did there. 

I zip lined at selvatica, a place that has 13 zip lines, one zip line rollercoaster, a sinkhole, ATV's and more.

I wanted to zip line. So, I told myself you are 55 and if you are going to do it you are going to do now. Besides, this place is know to have the best zip lining in Mexico. 

I zip lined all the lines and the roller coaster and had a blast! 

At Coba, I zip lined twice, canooed, propelled down into a sinkhole and swam; and there was a ceremony held by a shaman. 
And, in Cancun, I swam with the dolphins. 

It was just what I needed.  The Wellness Spa and Resort was fabulous.

Now, that I'm home, I am sleeping a lot and feeling as though I am beginning to have a flare.
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: My Vacation
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 09:22:44 PM »
Boy, after all you have been through these last years you really "tore it up" didn't you. So glad you had all that fun. Your endorphins must have been in the clouds. Take care. Bet you will do something like this again now that you had a taste of it. Irish

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 05:57:28 AM »
Dearest Lighthouse,

AMAZING!  I've read your posts for 9  years, and know you have been through so much.  I wouldn't have imagined that you would do zip lining!  And a roller coaster.  Or even a vacation like this.

It is wonderful that you are giving yourself these wonderful experiences. 

And we do sometimes react to travel and adventures with a flare, sad to say.  But it was worth it, wasn't it?

Love, Elaine.
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 11:39:49 AM »
Sounds like your vacation was totally worth a little flare.  We went to Hawaii for our first time in March, but it was a group trip and filled with destinations, and packed with different things to see,  and three different Islands.  There was hardly any down time (freetime) but I can tell you that I saw a lot of Hawaii!

I found much of it to be very stressful and I was counting the days until I could be home.  I would have preferred seeing less of Hawaii and having more free time to relax and choose what to do.  I felt like I was living out of a suitcase and we spent too much time on chartered buses.  I hate to complain but I will never take a vacation like that again!  I should have known better!

I?m still trying to recover from my very expensive vacation.  Your trip in Cancun sounded wonderful, fun, and relaxing.  It was filled with ?choices? by you and not dictated by a group guide.  Recover soon.

Kathy
Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

katie1111

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 07:14:35 AM »
I love to travel and have refused to let Sjogren's stop me.  Traveling just requires more planning.  I remember the first time Sjogren's tried to interfere with my plans.  We were driving from Las Vegas to the 4 corners.  I felt absolutely terrible and was feeling sorry for myself.  I looked out the window and the fantastic scenery and realized I could be home feeling horrible or I could be here - feeling horrible, but enjoying the scenery.  On trips I have not always been able to do everything I planned, but I concentrate I what I have been able to do.  We no longer hike but take trains and cruises.  We plan mostly 1/2 or 3/4 day tours and try to rest every third day.  Mostly we go on our own.  On cruises, rather than taking an excursion, we hire a guide at the port.  It is often cheaper and we can go where we want and skip the things we are not interested in -like a 1 hr walking tour of Havana's cemetery.  Next year we are touring a place most people see in 10 days, we will stay 21.

Added benefits are my willingness to exercise as I need to keep in shape (again, I don't overdue).  Also, when I am in a flare, I have something to look forward to.

By the way, once I start the trip, the adrenalin kicks in and I have more energy.  Yes, I do spend time recovering from the trip, but I spend the time with my memories.

Katie1111