Author Topic: Sed rates & CRP's  (Read 280 times)

Deb 27

Sed rates & CRP's
« on: April 04, 2019, 01:10:10 PM »
Ok, so I know that these are very non specific tests. However, my sed rate used to be 32 and it jumped to 57 and my CRP used to be 0-1 and it's now 10. Neither my Rheumy or family doc are too impressed or worried about this. My question is, WHY on earth do they run these freaking tests??? Granted the Rheumy told me that it might be because of my torn meniscus and inflammation in this one knee but it was up before that. It went up when my A1c went up to 7. Maybe with going on metformin it will come down but I've been on that for a few weeks and no budge. I was mostly wanting to vent about these useless tests and how docs order them and say they don't mean anything......
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

vrystaat

Re: Sed rates & CRP's
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 05:52:13 PM »
My Sedimentation Rate (ESR) went up to 13 units from <3 and I felt terrible. Then 3 days later, I had a serious flareup. The Rheumatologist started the Medrol Dosepack.
My Creatinine Kinase (goes up with Myositis) went up to over 400 units - way above normal.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 08:24:27 PM by vrystaat »
Sjogrens;Polymyositis;Polyneuropathy;Gastritis;GERD, Autonomic Neuropathy, Neurological complications, Trigeminal Neuralgia,Gamma 3 globulin low;Multiple infections;Brain fog; Ocular problems - blepharitis, scleritiis, dry eye,severe eye pain. Possible Inclusion body Myositis.Currently Endstage

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Sed rates & CRP's
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »
these inflammatory markers are super sensitive and some people can really react and others hardly have a blip. It is possible that your AIc could affect it cause diabetes causes so many things to screw up in our body. Seven is not terribly high but I'm sure you will get it down the metformin. I am not an expert on this but if you have had this menaces thingy that could be the trigger. Will be interesting to see what occurs as the healing in knee takes place.

Do you do the styofoam cup with ice in it....rub gently over the knee area a couple times a day. That really helps with the inflammation. Check with your doctor first cause if you have had surgery things might be different when it comes to icing the area. Good luck irish