Author Topic: Sore Jaw area  (Read 469 times)

markt

Sore Jaw area
« on: March 30, 2019, 05:08:35 PM »
Thought I'd ask... where to start:

Call and ask for imaging for lymphoma, stones, etc.?

Feels like a sore muscle, but no lumps or swelling yet...just nagging dull ache on right jaw, coincidentally where my parotid gland resides.

I am otherwise doing great one month following my Rituximab iv.  Saliva has returned in quality/quantity, and overall wellness is improved.

Sharon

Re: Sore Jaw area
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 05:38:15 PM »
Could be inflammation of the parotoid gland.
Glad to hear that the Rituximab in helping!
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

markt

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 05:50:36 PM »
Thanks Sharon,

Like most here, I am have a heightened awareness of changes in my body...so this one got my attention.

Especially considering I have a low c4 compliment count...which has an associated with lyphoma susceptibility...

Will let yall know as I go along... 

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 10:27:13 PM »
Im not an expert, but I was also thinking that you could have inflammatory swelling in the parotid gland. You just started the new med and the swelling will still be there I would think....doesn't resolve that soon. You could have some stones in the gland also plus the increase in the saliva.

If it was me I would use some warm packs or rice packs and gentle;e massage to gland. Might help to move junk out. Good luck. Irish

markt

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 03:23:33 PM »
Just an update... playing wait and see. 

We think it is lymph gland swelling due to symptoms and location, and/or possibly infection. 
It has gotten much better after trying ibuprofen, so well see if it resolves.

If it persists, I get a referral to an ENT and a round of antibiotics to treat what may be an infection.

If this persist beyond either plan above, we will do imaging and biopsy, and possibly try to rule out lymphoma development.