Author Topic: My Rheumy is Leaving!!!!  (Read 411 times)

SjoGirl

My Rheumy is Leaving!!!!
« on: March 28, 2019, 05:25:32 AM »
Aggghhh! My rheumatologist told me yesterday that he's leaving the practice. He is staying with the same teaching hospital but will be working on a new collaborative program with another hospital.

I thought I would break down into a ball of tears because he fixed me. He's the only who really took the time to review my records and figure out what was wrong with me. As I told him, he gave me my life back.

That said he has a tremendous opportunity and he's relatively young so I can't blame him. He has passed me on to another doc in the practice, here's hoping she's as understanding and supportive.

There's lots of other change in our lives right now so I'm pretty stressed, trying hard to deep breathe and take it in stride. Sigh
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

vrystaat

Re: My Rheumy is Leaving!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 09:19:31 AM »
Rheumatologists are paid very poorly, for example by Medicare.
I have seen a bill for an office visit for $150 reduced by Medicare (with Supplemental) reduced to $65.
My gardener is paid more. Good Rheumatologists are now becoming increasingly hard to find.
Sjogrens;Polymyositis;Polyneuropathy;Gastritis;GERD, Autonomic Neuropathy, Neurological complications, Trigeminal Neuralgia,Gamma 3 globulin low;Multiple infections;Brain fog; Ocular problems - blepharitis, scleritiis, dry eye,severe eye pain. Possible Inclusion body Myositis.Currently Endstage

SjoGirl

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 01:36:33 PM »
Thanks for that info. I think he is particularly attracted by the new role and building a program. I did say to him that I know that rheumy's are in high demand but short supply.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 06:38:48 PM »
I know the feeling cause my immunologist is semi retiring and has turned me over to another doc. Life is nothing but changes. I have no magic words to ease the pain. We all have to suck it up as they say.

The good thing is I bet your old rheumy has filled the new one in on your status so it shouldn't be a huge surprise for him. Good luck. Irish

SjoGirl

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 01:30:55 PM »
irish, yes, life is indeed full of change. Right now there are too many though most are good so I count my blessings. And among those blessings is that there is a new rheumy who will be waiting for me, I look forward to meeting her in six months.

Deb 27

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 02:48:48 PM »
Sorry your rheumy is leaving...... It sounds like you really  had a lot of faith in this doctor and it's hard to lose that kind of trust. I've had a few moves in the thick of all this auto immune stuff and I've really been quite lucky. In fact, I ended up with a new rheumy 5 years ago that diagnosed me with Sjogrens, so all worked out ok. I hope you have the same luck that I did.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

SjoGirl

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 12:52:27 PM »
Deb thanks for your words of support. I will keep my fingers crossed that the new doc to which my rheumy referred me will be as good as he was.