Author Topic: Sea Bands for nausea  (Read 307 times)

katie1111

Sea Bands for nausea
« on: February 20, 2019, 06:57:56 AM »
A couple of weeks ago, I read an article that mentioned SeaBands (wrist bracelets that are suppose to help we sea sickness) are being successfully used to treat nausea suffered by cancer patients.  I have been plagued by nausea for several years from Sjogrens,  autoimmune gastritis and PBC.  I thought -what the heck, I'll give it a try- AND THEY WORKED.  The bands worked by acupuncture and come with a diagram that shows you exactly where to place the white button.  If it doesn't work you can try moving the button to find the right spot.  It was easier than I thought.  I find the nausea goes away in a couple of minutes.  I have been leaving them on for about an hour and have found the nausea does not return for several days.  They are cheap and best of all no side effects.  There are several different brands, I just but the first ones I saw.

Katie1111

ktfabian

Re: Sea Bands for nausea
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 05:42:23 PM »
Katie-

I just found your post and I definitely have to try this. I have nausea from Gastroparesis and sometimes NO medicine works. I've tries Zofron, Reglan, Phenergan tablets and suppositories, even B-6 that they give to pregnant ladies. I've spent more time in the ER and the hospital dehydrated and unable to eat or drink in the last year that I ever thought possible.

Thank you for sharing. I'm really glad this works for you and I hope it gives me some relief!
Tracy

Deb 27

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 02:35:04 PM »
Thanks for sharing this and I am so glad it worked for you Katie !!! It has to be a big relief. Nausea is horrible.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

Nomad

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 04:49:51 AM »
Many thanks for this post! I?m going to try it!  :)
SLE, Sj.  Syndrome, IC, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, ITP (low platelets)... Various meds and lots of vitamins. Trying to eat healthy; seems to help a little.