Author Topic: Did they hit a nerve??!  (Read 630 times)

Livia

Did they hit a nerve??!
« on: February 19, 2019, 02:11:00 PM »
hey y'all

so i'm back again with another issue...i've just had a procedure in the back of my knee to drain a ganglion cyst. its been 5 days & gosh is my knee still sore! it hurts more in the back where they aspirated it..and back of my thigh & calf is throbbing with burning pain...it feels a lot like nerve pain...ive got neuropathy so i know the darn feeling...at night its worse & the burning goes down to my achilles heel. i was fine b4 the procedure...i was told i'd be sore for only 1-2 days. I cant get a hold of the dr so i can ask her....its even hard to walk....is this normal? did it happen to any of u guys?

thnx

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Did they hit a nerve??!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 11:28:20 AM »
I have not had this happpen. I believe you should at least call your MD and have it checked. Let your MD know that you can not get a hold of the doctor that did this.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Livia

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 03:12:48 PM »
I have not had this happpen. I believe you should at least call your MD and have it checked. Let your MD know that you can not get a hold of the doctor that did this.

thanks 4 ur reply...somehow ur post has me worried now

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 04:25:38 PM »
I believe the doctor will help ease your mind. The bold came on and would not turn off.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Livia

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 02:32:45 PM »
I believe the doctor will help ease your mind. The bold came on and would not turn off.

thats ok...im just worried now cuz it sure does feel like the procedure irritated the nerve...if this is the case ive no clue what the solution would be??

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 03:16:11 PM »
Dear Livia,  I know nothing about your procedure.  I did read about it, and it seems to be a fairly routine procedure. However the definition of 'routine procedure' is a procedure that someone else has. 8)

So I'm speaking generally, not specifically.

You may not have an injured nerve, something 'else' may be the problem, which is why you need to call the doctor immediately for followup. 

Is the area red and swollen, hot to the touch?

I would hazard that a nerve 'hit' or damaged by a procedure probably has to 'settle down' on its own. 

Surgery on nerves is very tricky and if at all indicated would require the highest level of nerve surgeon: a neurological surgeon I guess.

I hope by now you are getting answers and relief.

Regards, Elaine

Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

Livia

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 08:06:01 AM »
Dear Livia,  I know nothing about your procedure.  I did read about it, and it seems to be a fairly routine procedure. However the definition of 'routine procedure' is a procedure that someone else has. 8)

So I'm speaking generally, not specifically.

You may not have an injured nerve, something 'else' may be the problem, which is why you need to call the doctor immediately for followup. 

Is the area red and swollen, hot to the touch?

I would hazard that a nerve 'hit' or damaged by a procedure probably has to 'settle down' on its own. 

Surgery on nerves is very tricky and if at all indicated would require the highest level of nerve surgeon: a neurological surgeon I guess.

I hope by now you are getting answers and relief.

Regards, Elaine

Hi Elaine thnx for ur support.. no I haven?t heard from any dr now.. its the weekend and very hard to reach someone. I was in the ER on Friday spent the whole day there & they were pretty useless. Denied me mri & only offered xray which is useless as well.. i too feel something has gone wrong and it?s hard to sleep at night with the amount of anxiety I?m in right now..at the ER they couldn?t understand either. But they drew my blood to test for infection & the ESR was positive & elevated.. they don?t think anything of it...But its VERY strange how my knee pain is worse after the procedure than before....I am soo fed up with these things