Author Topic: A Story of Persistence Resulting in Diagnosis  (Read 217 times)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
A Story of Persistence Resulting in Diagnosis
« on: February 03, 2019, 06:14:58 AM »
Dearest Sjogren's Angels,

I post this with mixed feelings. On one hand it is a joy to read of success in finding a diagnosis which resulted ln a successful treatment.

On the other hand I am still grieving that there is no successful treatment for me.

The takeaway is Persistence  in self advocacy as a patient is vital.

DIAGNOSIS

The Patient’s Wife Thought Her
Husband Was Being Treated for the Wrong Disease.
She Was Right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/magazine/the-patients-wife-thought-her-husband-was-being-treated-for-the-wrong-disease-she-was-right.html

Regards, Elaine
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 05:00:39 AM by Carolina »
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIB- Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega

Nomad

Re: A Story of Persistence Resulting in Diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 09:13:38 PM »
The link seems to go somewhere else.
Can you try the link again?
SLE, Sj.  Syndrome, IC, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, ITP (low platelets)... Various meds and lots of vitamins. Trying to eat healthy; seems to help a little.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIB- Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega

Jenny

Re: A Story of Persistence Resulting in Diagnosis
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 03:10:37 AM »
Wow! He?s a lucky man. I?d never heard of that disease.
63 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries