Author Topic: Arginine products for restoring oral pH, enamal, and prevention of cavities  (Read 317 times)

markt

Thought I'd share this.

https://www.rdhmag.com/articles/print/volume-39/issue-1/content/arginine-a-magical-weapon-in-the-war-against-oral-microbial-diseases.html

basicbites.com/

I hope to try it... has anyone been using arginine based chews or tooth paste?  Curious what Dentists are saying...

There are some convincing studies online...

-  Mark
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:13:16 AM by Linda196 »

markt

So I received some of these in the mail after ordering off of Amazon since my Dentist had mentioned products with Arginine.   

We'll see if it pays off at the next cleaning/check up.

So far, I am using the chews morning/night after brushing (they are a post cleaning treatment).  They are actually pretty tasty and have Xylitol, in addition to the Arginine, in them. 

As part of my new years resolution, I promised to spend a little extra time on my teethe... as they haven't given me any problems yet (and I intend to not take that for granted and preserve them as best I can).

- Mark

Maria3667

• Trying to cultivate a 'dry' sense of humor...
Hi Markt,

Bit surprised to see this beneficial effect for saliva.

I've tried L-Arginine capsules and in fact it did the opposite: increased dry mouth (+ give me itchy skin).

Or is there a stark difference between L-Arginine and regular Arginine??
51. DES-daughter, GAD, Lyme's ('98), Sjogren's ('03), hypothyroid ('04), osteoarthritis ('16), Blepharitis ('18) Pilocarpine, natural thyroid hormones, 25mg quetiapine, low dose progesterone & testosterone, supplements. Endometriosis, cherry angiomas. Allergies: nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex