Author Topic: Shoulder pain all around  (Read 892 times)

Nomad

Shoulder pain all around
« on: January 27, 2019, 01:00:47 PM »
I have been having shoulder pain  (right side). When I go to roll over or get out  Of bed or from laying on the couch, if I put pressure on my right side arm to help me up from the laying down position, I can get a deep sharp pain in my shoulder. no pop. Just a bad pain. Maybe ten seconds. I?m over fifty.

Oddly, my husband has a similar pain in his left shoulder. A little worse. With a popping sound.

Some questions; Could a too soft mattress contribute to this? Is this a common thing for people after fifty?  Has anyone had this type of pain before? What was the tx? Thank you.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:22:29 PM by Nomad »
SLE, Sj.  Syndrome, IC, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, ITP (low platelets)... Various meds and lots of vitamins. Trying to eat healthy; seems to help a little.

Jenny

Re: Shoulder pain all around
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 04:56:34 AM »
I?m having my fifth shoulder surgery in three days, so I feel somewhat qualified to answer. It?s probably either osteoarthritis or a Rotator Cuff partial tear. You should see a shoulder Orthopedist who can do tests and Xrays. Perhaps give you a Cortisone injection and/or refer you to Physical Therapy. As far as your mattress, try laying on a harder surface, like the floor and see if you get the pain. Good luck and I hope you get relief soon.
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 05:32:14 PM »
It could also be related to tendonitis in the should joint or some type of inflammatory issue there. I have pain in my should and when I press on the top of the shoulder joint in front I have pain./ Also diagnosed with tendon issues in both arms and shoulders. Inflammatory issues can really do a job on our poor bodies ands the rotated cuff can always be a possibility also. Good luck. Irish

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 06:54:55 PM »
When in doubt, check it out (if you have insurance that covers it, I have to add).

M shoulder pain is caused by deterioration of the joint, especially the cartilage cushion between  the joint bones is gone.   

Now the bones rub together, AND overgrow in an attempt to repair damage caused by the rubbing.  So the bones becomes bumpy and have spurs which make the pain worse.

I haven't consulted a surgeon, but my last orthopedist did X-rays and said only shoulder replacement surgery has a chance of helping.

My shoulders don't 'pop' but I can hear the bones rubbing!  and the pain is no fun at all.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Regards,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

SjoGirl

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 02:42:50 PM »
Shoulder pain was one of my first symptoms. I went to an orthopedist certain that I had torn my rotator cuff, I had not, it was the start of OA and what eventually evolved into RA.

As others said, have it checked out, Xrays and if need be MRIs will help with diagnosis.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 09:46:37 PM »
If in doubt.....Spend money!!!!!!!!!! 8)  It always comes down to that doesn't it. Good luck. irish