Author Topic: Just whining...  (Read 580 times)

deeindiana

• Deb Perry Studio: photography & graphic arts
Just whining...
« on: January 20, 2019, 10:29:21 AM »
My general physician just changed some of my medications. We all know what that means -- fearfully waiting and praying that the new meds don't thrown off our system, or cause a weird reaction, or bring on a flare. Bad reactions have happened so many times that it's impossible to feel a normal sense of optimism that new meds will bring any improvement to my life. But...  My blood sugar numbers now require Metformine. And she has switched me from Zoloft to Effexor. Fingers crossed that, for once, everything goes smoothly.

It's been a rough year and I'm basically sitting here feeling sorry for myself.

My husband was diagnosed with stage four kidney cancer in the fall so we are learning a "new normal" of cancer doctors, surgeries, treatments, etc. He's doing well, but the surgery was very invasive and the unknowns weigh heavily.

After years depleting our entire life savings to support our youngest son(age 28) and his family, we told him that we cannot give them any more money due to his dad's medical expenses. They immediately decided they hate us, moved away and we are no longer allowed any contact our only grandchildren. We are heartbroken.

And yesterday my boss very nicely informed me that I missed 10 days last year due to illness. In all honesty, I thought that was pretty darn good. LOL! But, I will try to do better.
Diagnosed June 2010.
Rheumy at University of Michigan Med Center. Age 52
Severely dry mouth & throat with difficulty swallowing, fibro, allodynia of the scalp.
Medications: Atenolol, Dexilant, Zoloft, Zocor, Flaxseed oil, Vit D, Nasonex, Plaquenil
I am my own worst enemy...

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Just whining...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 05:36:18 PM »
Dearest deeindiana:

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's kidney cancer.....This new normal has suddenly appeared, and it is a terrible new normal. 

We are all sending love and care to you and your husband.  Please know we are here for you, and there are many who have similar experiences with cancer.   

You are grieving on so many levels, dee.  Be gentle with yourself when possible.

And you are in the midst of changing medications...always a difficult time.  I hope things are going well.

And your son is inflicting so much pain on your and your husband. 

And then your boss was so insensitive!  Beyond belief. 

I am so sorry.

Hugs, Elaine

Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

Carebear

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 07:04:46 PM »
Dear deeindiana,

You and your husband have so very much to deal with.  You are not whining.   

And your son is being unbelievably cruel to his parents. 

I hope the change in medications works well for you,  but I do understand your concern.  It's so hard to remain positive considering all you've been through.

We're here to hold you up.  Let us know how the new meds go. 
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 07:17:07 PM »
I used to say something like this when I received a whiner on the phone. You bring the wine, I'll bring the cheese, with someone bringing the bread we can have a picnic.

We all have to whine some time. I hope my punishment brought a groan to you life if it could not bring a smile.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

deeindiana

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 07:19:51 PM »
Thank you all. I appreciate having a safe, private place to vent.
Diagnosed June 2010.
Severely dry mouth & throat with difficulty swallowing, fibro, allodynia of the scalp.
Medications: Atenolol, Dexilant, Zoloft, Zocor, Flaxseed oil, Vit D, Nasonex, Plaquenil

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 10:00:29 PM »
Oh, Dee, I am so sorry to hear of your husbands illness. This is so hard to go through. Heavens knows that doctors offices get really old and when one is putting up with surgery and all kinds of treatments it is even harder. I am sure that you are helping a lot so I hope that you can get enough rest.

I hope that you have good luck with your medications. I have been on Metformin since 2009 and I like it. You will learn to know your blood sugars and your bodies reaction to food really well with this med. and how they go up and down with what you eat. I think Metformin is almost a wonder drug. Make sure to always eat something when you take your pill as it can upset the stomach.

I think missing only 10 days with autoimmune disease is totally awesome. Tell your boss to complain to this forum and we will set him straight. lol If our bosses only knew how sick we felt sometimes and we still show up for work!!!!!

Please know that I will keep your husband and family in my prayers. You truly have had a rough year and I hope that time heals all the uncertainty in your life health wise and with your son and family. Hugs. Irish

Nomad

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 09:23:43 PM »
This is so sad.
Good thoughts that your husband does very well with his tx and your Med Change is helpful.
You should not feel any guilt about not supporting an adult son.
Hopefully, they will change their minds about the grandchildren.
Sending good thoughts.
Keep posting.

SLE, Sj.  Syndrome, IC, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, ITP (low platelets)... Various meds and lots of vitamins. Trying to eat healthy; seems to help a little.

deeindiana

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 07:54:21 AM »
Thank you everyone. I'm just trying to patiently wait for this dark cloud to move along.
Diagnosed June 2010.